Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Supervisor I – Test Technicians
Supervise support personnel in various work centers and departments within production or administrative areas. Technical knowledge and expertise may vary depending on specific areas of responsibility.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with department management to determine staffing requirements. Assign staff to support department work requirements.
- Regularly direct the work of two or more regular, full-time employees.
- Has the authority to suggest and recommend the hiring, firing, disciplining, advancement, or status change of other employees.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals.
- Ensure tasks are completed according to departmental requirements and schedules.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and receive the supervision and direction needed to accomplish their work assignments in an efficient and cost-effective manner while observing all applicable work rules, safety rules, department directives, and company policies.
- Conceive, develop, and implement solutions to specific departmental problems.
- Prepare and maintain required records and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- May develop, prepare and/or track departmental budget expenditures and be accountable for overhead and operational budgets.
- May supervise the implementation of new policies or procedures.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Provides technical expertise to programs and to direct reports during product assembly and other various hardware related tasks.
- Perform soldering, potting, ESD, assembly, machining, and tuning operations as required due to team workload demands.
- Build or process hardware of a developmental, prototype, or critical nature.
- Troubleshoot hardware or assemblies; check and modify chambers or fixtures.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data. Perform mathematical calculations
- Assist in the development or preparation of schematics, designs, and specifications.
- Design, test, and troubleshoot precision spacecraft, subsystems, components, instruments, and/or mechanisms for research & development projects, flight applications or ground stations.
- May perform CAD modeling and design analysis using any of a variety of software tools.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Requires basic competency in core RF and electronics skills and figures of merit.
- Must interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with customers, and provide leadership to internal groups and teams.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must effectively contribute to successful producibility of designs and to cost, budget, and schedule control.
- Must know how to address customers’ needs, when to volunteer and when to defer actions to responsible engineer.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of process and process compliance and the ability to participate in process audits and corrective actions.
- Must have skills in machining, soldering, autoclave processes, potting and ESD sensitive processes.
- Capability to use circuit schematic simulation for digital and RF circuits (example: Microwave Office) is desired.
- Proven expertise with the following equipment: spectrum analyzer, PNA, Power Amplifier, RF Signal Generator, DMM and Oscilloscope is desired.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $88,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.