At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Supervisor I – Harness Technicians
Supervise technicians in the Harness Manufacturing facility
What You’ll Do:
- Work with department management to determine staffing requirements. Assign staff to support department work requirements.
- Regularly direct the work of two or more regular, full-time employees.
- Has the authority to suggest and recommend the hiring, firing, disciplining, advancement, or status change of other employees.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals.
- Ensure tasks are completed according to departmental requirements and schedules.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and receive the supervision and direction needed to accomplish their work assignments in an efficient and cost-effective manner while observing all applicable work rules, safety rules, department directives, and company policies.
- Conceive, develop, and implement solutions to specific departmental problems.
- Prepare and maintain required records and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- May develop, prepare and/or track departmental budget expenditures and be accountable for overhead and operational budgets.
- May supervise the implementation of new policies or procedures.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Provides technical expertise to programs and to direct reports during harness assembly and other various hardware related tasks.
- Perform soldering, potting, stripping, crimping and wrapping operations as required due to team workload demands.
- Build or process harnesses of a developmental, prototype, or critical nature.
- Troubleshoot harness assemblies; check and modify chambers or fixtures.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data. Perform mathematical calculations
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with internal customers, and provide leadership to internal groups and teams.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must effectively contribute to successful producibility of designs and to cost, budget, and schedule control.
- Must know how to address customers’ needs, when to volunteer and when to defer actions to responsible engineer.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of Harness process and process compliance and the ability to participate in process audits and corrective actions.
- Must have skills in soldering, potting, stripping, crimping, wrapping, potting and ESD sensitive processes.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $67,000 - $90,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.