Supervisor, Graphics Production - Night Shift at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provides direction, daily guidance , and support for the Quality Assurance Graphics function.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Implements the administrative duties as related to the graphics department including pilot production, plate making, proofing and managing color standards for all plants.
- Responsible for constant strengthening of customer and parent company relationships by developing plans and goals to satisfy customer needs.
- Responsible for supervising the Plate Making and Pilot Function production graphics coordinators including
- Responsible for implementation of plate file retrieval and archiving to ensure the accurate production of and deadlines of plate deliveries which will affect the can flow at all metal beverage plants.
- Responsible for inspection of plates for accuracy.
- Responsible for the production of printing plates for product labels according to the BIGG release report.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the troubleshooting and preventative maintenance process on the processor, print drive, platemaker and washer/dryer equipment.
- Conducts inspection of materials and finished product.
- Responsible for filing system of standards and plates.
- Responsible for obsolete graphics listing and purging all files and computer information.
- Must maintain all equipment in adequate working order to ensure it readiness at all times (work with supplies/manufacturers).
- Responsible to maintain adequate supplies of materials needed to sustain all processes.
- Maintains and coordinates the pilot production schedule.
- Works directly with the graphics department, ink representative and customer on the qualification of artwork.
- Ensures ink activity for pilot labels.
- Proofreads/inspects all artwork and plates for accuracy.
- Produces printing plates for labels according to the pilot production schedule. Maintains and reworks old printing plates and plate negatives for the pilot.
- Leads personnel in the on-floor efforts for the operation and maintenance of the pilot production equipment.
- Performs various production functions by operating and making minor adjustments to the pilot production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product.
- Performs troubleshooting on pilot production equipment as required.
- RResponsible for the development and implementation of the preventative maintenance process on pilot production equipment as required.
- Assures continuous operation of Pilot line up to and including any 24X7 operations implemented.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Job related experience for 3-5 years minimum.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy to work.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Graphic principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - $101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans