Senior Merchandising Manager, Ring Category at Brilliant Earth
Senior Merchandising Manager, Rings Category – Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume, link to your online design portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Merchandising Manager for our Rings category with a passion for product, understanding of market trends, and proven track record of driving business performance. The Merchandising Manager owns revenue and gross margin for the category and is responsible for developing and executing strategic plans to achieve those objectives. Ideal candidates will have experience in category management, cross-functional collaboration, team leadership and process creation, possess extensive analytical and reporting skills, and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic start-up environment. As a team member, you will collaborate with multiple departments that are dedicated to cultivating a joyful and luxurious consumer brand, with an emphasis on an exceptional customer experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop category plan for our Rings business, outlining strategic initiatives and goals by sub-category, attribute and product to achieve category financial objectives.
- Evaluate and drive category performance including sales growth, productivity, margin, sell-through and other key metrics.
- Identify opportunities to influence category performance, including product assortment, pricing, promotions, marketing, site merchandising, showroom merchandising, and inventory.
- Manage product assortment and evaluate product performance to understand drivers, trends and opportunities. Evaluate competition in terms of product offering, pricing, distribution and in-store/online presentation.
- Collaborate with product development and design team to ensure Brilliant Earth offers a compelling assortment of products that meets customer needs, demonstrates design leadership and optimizes productivity.
- Responsible for achieving gross margin goals and optimizing margin through pricing, vendor allocation, and promotions.
- Collaborate with Category Managers and Director of Merchandising to develop and implement new Category Planning processes
- Collaborate with ecommerce and marketing teams to achieve merchandising goals through product placement and recommendations.
- Partner with Inventory Planning team to set inventory, sales, and margin targets and optimize inventory levels.
- Actively train, manage and develop Category Merchandising Team with varying levels of experience
- BA degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of merchandising experience in a consumer-based retail environment. Experience in fine jewelry and/or ecommerce preferred
- Exposure to demand forecasting, retail merchandise planning, inventory management best practices and inventory systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring new process creation, process improvement, task prioritization, and project management
- Proven track record of driving category performance
- Strategic thinking and analytical abilities
- Passion for data driven decision making
- Must have robust Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven managerial and coaching ability
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work individually and as a team player to execute projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit/self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $100-140K. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.