Senior Manager - RF Solutions at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Manager – RF Solutions
Lead the RF Solutions organization within Engineering with functional responsibilities for the entire organization and responsibilities to meet program commitments over all phases of the program lifecycle. This position reports to the Director of Tactical Systems Engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the RF Solutions organization. Responsible for budget planning, personnel management and design/development, of RF solutions through the full program lifecycle.
- Responsible for overall RF Solutions performance to meet cost, schedule and technical objectives and successful engineering execution on all Strategic Business Unit (SBU) efforts.
- Direct winning proposal efforts for new business RF engineering opportunities and direct management and execution of subsequent awarded projects to SBU/program direction.
- Direct development of RF solutions in response to customer needs, and support SBU capture plans and strategies, pursuit and proposal activities, and customer relationships.
- Identify and manage technology development that supports customer solutions and maintains an innovation edge and cost advantage in the market-place.
- Anticipate and ensure talent and skill mix of the group are in sync with the needs of programs and new business development organizations.
- Functionally manage all RF engineering planning, design, development, test and technician disciplines and expertise for upwards of 200 engineers and technicians who develop hardware for space, air, and ground applications. Support candidate hiring selection process, assign appropriate staff to programs, conduct performance assessments and personnel actions, support salary reviews, recognition programs, ensure group has the appropriate processes in place to meet needs of programs and compliance with approved standards.
- Ensure engineers are appropriately trained to meet needs of programs as well as employee career goals.
- Ensure that engineers have the appropriate tools and software to meet the needs of programs.
- Develop and improve RF engineering processes; support Engineering Process Improvement goals, execute process corrective actions and Failure Review Boards as required; support internal and external audits, ensure compliance with ISO standards.
- Ensure that all business is conducted with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Work with the SBUs and SSUs to address strategic needs in support of program execution and new business development and capture.
- Contribute to Engineering Solutions and Engineering strategic and operational planning.
- Represent Engineering with customers and at industry and government conferences.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship within Engineering, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Self -starter, excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing RF engineers and technicians developing antenna systems and components throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- Relevant work experience with end-to-end RF product development, analysis and production.
- Working knowledge of hardware quality principles for air, space and ground applications.
- Ability to operate at the system level and interface to all engineering disciplines and organizations.
- Relevant work experience demonstrating knowledge of RF engineering with DoD and / or NASA customers.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Experience operating within classified program environments.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $118,500 - $163,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.