Senior Director, Property Operations at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 15,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
Evolve is the largest tech-enabled, asset-lite provider of vacation rental management services in North America. Coordination of home vetting, cleaning, and maintenance is at the core of delivering our properties to guests in accordance with our “4 core property standards”: Safe, Clean, Guest Ready, and As Advertised. Over 10+ years, we’ve built a robust network of thousands of service partners (photographers, cleaners, et al.) that support our homes. Having grown rapidly to significant scale, we’re looking for a dynamic leader to take our property operations to the next level - empowering Evolve to deliver 5-star trips more efficiently while enabling the growth of the thousands of small businesses servicing our homes and expanding Evolve’s service offerings.
What you’ll do
- Develop our next-level vision for the on-site experience (for guests, owners, and service partners) that supports our vision (“become the most trusted hospitality brand in vacation rental”), 4-core property standards (“safe, clean, guest-ready, and as-advertised”), and mission (“make vacation rental easy for everyone”) in partnership with our Customer Experience team
- Leverage technology, partnerships, platform coordination, quality control and more to empower Evolve in the delivery of that next-level vision
- Oversee our Service Partner Development organization (~20 people, led by our Director, Partner Development) which recruits and coordinates with our service partners, according to supply and demand dynamics
- Develop and run tests of new approaches or services in different markets or segments of our properties
- Evaluate organizational design, including the potential rollout and management of in-market managers
- Lead “build, partner, buy” assessments of technologies or services to determine the best way to improve and/or expand our offerings
- Work intimately with product managers tasked with supporting property operations efforts
- Collaborate with Sales on how best to incorporate property operations attributes into the sales dialogue
- Partner with Customer Experience team on how best to support property operations through our centralized support teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to develop, align on, and deliver annual and quarterly Objectives and Key Results (“OKRs”)
- Establish and manage budgets, goals, objectives and KPIs
- Manage the professional development of the team through ongoing growth opportunities and effective goal setting
- Establish forward-looking org structure vision by developing hiring plans and resourcing strategies
- Create and implement operational processes to ensure the team is able to effectively plan, execute and deliver
What makes you a great fit
- 10+ years of operations and management experience with a focus on field-service management, SMB services, tech-enabled services, or marketplace/platform
- Savvy in business development and partnerships
- Experience attracting, developing and retaining highly-engaged teams
- A knack for working cross functionally
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decision making and operational excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a sense of urgency and humor
- Believe in and embody our 10 Core Values
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role our salary range is $150,000 to $180,000 depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.