Regional Logistics Manager at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for managing a regional team of direct report supervisors and external warehouse operations. This critical role will be accountable to implement needed change across our warehouse network to improve customer experience, drive cost savings, reduce quality issues, and lead their direct reports along with cross functional teams to solve complex logistics problems.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Manage and support a regional group of supervisors and their teams.
- Responsible for standardizing best practices in our warehouse operations network.
- Manages the budget and operational efficiencies across the regional warehouse network.
- Manages the design, tracking and execution of warehouse KPI's (internal and external warehouse).
- Cross functional collaborations with other IBP function areas and other Department teams to maximize efficiencies and costs realized in our supply chain.
- Manages suppliers, relationships and operations of our external warehouses.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy of finished goods.
- Coordinates with Plants, Central Logistics, Quality, Customer Fulfillment, Central Planning, and Sourcing to resolve issues.
- Manage and support our packaging (pallets, sheets, top frames) sorting operations.
- Coordinates with transportation on inbound and outbound shipments of finished goods, raw materials, equipment, scrap, packaging and yard management where applicable.
- Self-motivated to lead projects as needed to addresses issues in our warehouse network
- Must possess strong analytical skills and working knowledge of logistics within the supply chain
- Manages external warehouse onboarding and set up process to include system equipment, install and execution.
- Ensures the accuracy of warehouse related documents, contracts and shipments. Maintains and reports inventory accuracy, aging, HFI, status of finished goods, as well as packaging, dunnage, and raw materials of the plant and external warehouse.
- Identify strategies, create regional action plans, and coordinate with local teams and IBP Logistics.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience.
- Comprehensive Job related experience for 3-5 year(s) minimum (or educational equivalent).
- Managerial experience required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Ball's internal manufacturing and logistics systems and procedures, business practices, customer and manufacturing needs and expectations.
- Proficient with IT systems and solutions such as: ERPs (i.e. Oracle, JDE) and productivity software (i.e. Excel, Word, and Power Point).
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples' differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don't see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $86,500 - $132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans