Property Administrator I at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Property Administrator I
Perform property administration functions according to documented Ball Aerospace's processes and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
What You'll Do:
- Perform property management duties to ensure Ball Aerospace's compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and existing policies and procedures.
- Provide the highest standard of customer service, guidance, and training to programs and customers to ensure understanding of contractual and Ball Aerospace process requirements pertaining to Government property management and accountability.
- Coordinate the acquisition of company, government and/or customer property to ensure property is contractually authorized and required approvals and documentation are completed as appropriate.
- Coordinate and facilitate all external and internal property audits or self-assessments including coordination with affected company management and personnel.
- Ensure all property has been identified and is being utilized properly in alignment with contractual requirements.
- Create and maintain property accountability records and back up audit trail documentation to support property outcomes.
- Meet with programs and/or asset owners to develop appropriate closeout plans to plant clear surplus property and coordinate disposal.
- Ensure all transfers of property are approved and documented appropriately. Provide property management guidance and ensure compliance regarding property accountability transfer between contracts or owning organizations.
- Prepare reports concerning the status, allocation, utilization, progress, excess, and other related issues concerning property. These can include, but are not limited to, periodic and special purpose reports, metric reports, physical inventory reports, Loss, Damage, Destruction and Theft Reports (including investigations).
- Plan, perform, and coordinate property physical inventories as required.
- Provide direction to subordinates/peers for specific tasks, direction, and priorities.
- Provide leadership support for tasks and projects in cross-functional teams.
- Provide input for, write, and/or deliver performance evaluations.
- Coordinate efforts for process improvements.
- Facilitate/lead proposal and/or delegated program activities.
- Recommend and/or initiate strategies to program, project, and proposal teams.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field is required. CPPS/CPPA preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate well with other people, serve well as a team member, and demonstrate highest level of customer service.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in database programs a plus.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $49,000 - $66,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.