Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
The Preventative Maintenance Manager, BPNCA oversees the overall performance of the Preventative Maintenance programs / initiatives for the BPNCA Production Plants. This role is tasked with successfully achieving the Minimum Maintenance Standards and Continuous Improvement of the Preventative Maintenance Systems. The Preventative Maintenance Manager, BPNCA focuses on achieving Minimum Maintenance KPIs for BPNCA Plants, auditing BPNCA adherence to Minimum Maintenance Standards and driving Continuous Improvements throughout all Preventative Maintenance Systems. The Preventative Maintenance Manager, BPNCA has a dotted line connection to the Wellness Center Manager, BPNCA and provides guidance (from Preventative Maintenance data) on Wellness Audits, Wellness Events, Critical Spare Parts and Rebuild Plans.
What will you be responsible for?
- Coordinates a team of Preventative Maintenance Engineers that are located regionally within the BPNCA Enterprise. Utilizing the team to Audit adherence to Minimum Maintenance Standards and Train plant stakeholders to Minimum Maintenance Techniques.
- Coordinates broadly throughout Operations & IBP to plan “Maintenance Days” and Preventative Maintenance Events.
- Understands / Implements the Minimum Maintenance Global Standards that lead to the best-in-class performance of Production Plant Assets.
- Supports the Global Engineering Group in the pursuit and adoption of best-in-class performance of Production Plant Assets.
- Displays inter-functional influence on Operations, EHS, Quality, Material Planning, Finance and IT functions so as to authorize, plan and execute Preventative Maintenance improvements.
- Displays Leadership Courage by holding more senior Operations Directors, Engineering Directors and Quality Directors true to Equipment Maintenance requirements.
- Communicates throughout a matrix organization (Global Engineering Leadership, Corporate Quality Leadership, Divisional Leadership, Environmental & Safety Leadership, etc …); ensuring efficient collaboration and mitigation of duplicate efforts.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and utilization of Lean Six Sigma in all phases of the implementation of Preventative Maintenance Global Standards.
- Supports the Information Systems Department in the implementation and on-going maintenance of a Preventative Maintenance Business System for the BPNCA Enterprise.
- Supports the Wellness Center Manager in the development of capital projects that support the on-going Maintenance of the BPNCA Production Line Assets.
- Converts guidance and data from Global Engineering and Preventative Maintenance Business Systems into Strategy and Action Plans for the BPNCA region.
- Collaborates with supply base to identify new Preventative Maintenance and Conditional Monitoring technologies.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through a college-level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 5+ years minimum, including experience in packaging manufacturing.
- Knowledge of contracts and specifications.
- Excellent program/project management skills as demonstrated through the successful achievement of assigned objectives.
- Exhibited a developmental, entrepreneurial mind set with abstract analysis skills; applicant should be logical, flexible in approach.
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically from a holistic thinking/systems perspective.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation skills, required.
- Financial literacy and business acumen with the ability to objectively assess projects and teams and meet cost, margin, and profitability targets.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Project.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviours
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence - Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Culture Champion - Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist - Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans