Manager, Student Success at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Manager of Student Success to lead and support the daily operations of a team of student success advisors, who coach online adult learners to navigate the unique challenges faced by working adults and effectively balance work, life, and school.
In particular, we are looking for a leader who can work up, down and across an organization, asks the hard questions, and is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive growth and successful student outcomes at Guild. As a Manager of Student Success, you are responsible for contributing to the leadership, management and operational oversight of Guild’s growing Student Success team. We’ll look to you to roll up your sleeves, provide functional expertise and counsel, and manage change as we build a world class team.
As a Manager of Student Success you will:
- Supervise a team of Student Success Advisors to develop new and existing talent and build a highly effective results-driven team
- Collaborate effectively with Student Success colleagues to improve the performance of all teams and individuals
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Student Success team members, collaborating to create process and program improvements, and implementing change
- Advocate for student enrollment, retention, and success to internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze data to constantly improve performance and processes
- Ask the questions that will help you help the team continuously improve our outcomes
- Build and maintain relationships with academic partners, like universities and academic content providers, to ensure effective processes are in place and best practices are shared
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Student Success team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Katie Corder-Paul (Director of Student Operations) Taylor Stanek (Director of University Partnerships), Samantha Goldman (Senior Manager of Client Success), Amanda Van Pelt (Senior Manager of Training for Student Success), and Travis Barton (Manager of Student Operations).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Passion for higher education and our mission
- 5+ years experience leading a team of student advisors, coaches, inside sales reps, or customer service reps
- Leadership experience managing complex problems, processes, projects, and people
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex, cross-functional projects at the same time
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.