Manager, Student Success at Guild Education
This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 23 states: AZ, CO, CA, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NY, NJ, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, WA, WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring for a Manager of Student Success to lead and support the daily operations of a team of Student Success Coaches, who coach online adult learners to navigate the unique challenges faced by working adults and effectively balance work, life, and school.
In particular, we are looking for a leader who can work up, down and across an organization, ask the hard questions, and who is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive growth and successful student outcomes at Guild. As a Manager of Student Success, you are responsible for contributing to the leadership, management and operational oversight of Guild’s growing Student Success team. We’ll look to you to roll up your sleeves, provide functional expertise and counsel, and manage change as we build a world class team.
As a Manager, Student Success you will:
- Supervise a team of Student Success Coaches to develop new and existing talent and build a highly effective results-driven team
- Collaborate effectively with Student Success colleagues to improve the performance of all teams and individuals
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Student Success team members, collaborating to create process and program improvements, and implementing change
- Advocate for student enrollment, retention, and success to internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze data to constantly improve performance and processes
- Ask the questions that will help you help the team continuously improve our outcomes
- Build and maintain relationships with academic partners, like universities and academic content providers, to ensure effective processes are in place and best practices are shared
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years experience leading a team of student advisors, coaches, inside sales reps, or customer service reps
- Leadership experience managing complex problems, processes, projects, and people
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex, cross-functional projects at the same time
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience are needed for our fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Experience building diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments and teams
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Passion for education and our mission
- Experience coaching individuals to their goals
- Experience managing change within an organization
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $60,000-$80,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth