Manager, Professional Services at Vertafore
Vertafore develops and delivers software to the Insurance industry, helping our clients save time and money. In support of our products and our clients, a Professional Services Manager, will be immediately involved in the following initiatives:
• Leading a team of billable, implementation resources in a high energy, technical environment.
• Responsible for ensuring budgets, schedules and performance standards are attained.
• Responsible for serving as the primary customer escalation point for customer changes and/or issues during the implementation process.
• Assist the sales teams with project scoping exercises and preparing statements of work.
• Responsible for providing project oversight to ensure the published delivery methodology is followed.
• Cultivate talent and enable team members to develop in the Vertafore Way while helping to effectively address the resource requirements dictated by current backlog an future project forecast.
• Identify opportunities to improve processes and streamline work to provide a higher value to our customers.
• Creatively construct and deploy diverse approaches to drive employee engagement.
• Inspire and motivate team to meet commitments.
• Work with sales, product management, development and cross functional teams to improve customer experience.
· Minimum of 1 year managing a high performing Professional Services team in a tech environment
· Minimum of 3 years project management or consulting experience preferably in a SaaS company
· Functional understanding of multiple project delivery methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall)
· Broad knowledge of process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, BPM)
· Demonstrated ability to drive large, highly complex programs in a fast-paced, matrix management organization
· Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to effectively engage and influence at all levels
· Ability to effectively and efficiently analyze data to identify potential issues that aid in decision making by mitigating risks
· Ability to effectively prioritize workload and tasks to meet deadlines
· Manage confidentiality without exception
· Excellent presentation and communications skills, both written and verbal
· Outstanding time management skills
· Ability to interact with clients of all levels, from C-level to IT individual contributor
· Ability to be creative and innovative
· Experience with Salesforce, Project Management software and Professional Services Automation tools
· Insurance industry experience preferred