Manager of Operations at Travelers Haven
The Manager of Operations is a strategic partner to our management and executive team that influences our business operations. We are looking for a leader that wants to take the next step in their career and move quickly to a Director level role within our organization. This person will report directly to our VP of Strategic Business Operations.
The role’s primary objectives are to enable analytically driven decisions to increase operational excellence and maximize productivity across Travelers Haven. The ideal candidate will excel in analyzing, creating, and successfully implementing best operational practices that increase scalability and predictable success. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, resource planning and analysis, creating operational efficiencies in various processes, business goal definition and compensation structure, support supply negotiation and strategic initiatives, define organizational structure, and coordination and management of key operational meetings, all while embodying our corporate culture and values.
As a critical leader, you will possess a business-owner mindset and have a proven track record of proactive operational leadership in a cross-functional environment, be a strategic thinker who can analyze and find solutions to the thorniest business challenges, drive results, and be able to move fast while maintaining focus on the highest impact initiatives.
- Utilize data and processes analysis to build operational excellence as Travelers Haven grows in size and complexity.
- Maximize efficiency by identifying and recommending process improvement opportunities to increase productivity, performance and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to create new processes to support company’s new strategic initiatives.
- Strategic thinking while acting tactically and rapidly at all levels within the organization. Doesn’t stray away from rolling up one’s sleeves when needed.
- Analyze, create, and implement strategic goals that lead up to operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Cross-functional collaboration with operational and sales leaders across the organization on key business initiatives.
- Foster empathy for your stakeholders, their interests and needs to ensure the teams can sustain and embrace changes through clear communication, engagement, and appropriate governance throughout the implementation of operational excellence programs.
- Build organizational structure within the operation teams that best support the business and ensure success for the company.
- Coordinate and manage key operational meetings and reporting.
- Lead and manage operational teams across the organization including but not limited to Housing Logistics, Reservation Coordinators, and Lease Audit teams.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in the appropriate field.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in the appropriate field.
- Proven ability to analyze, create and manage operational process that maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline and implement new processes and roles that create efficiency and support rapidly changing business demands.
- Forward-thinking, business-owner mindset that often see what others can’t and, as a result make a massive business impact.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills. You have the ability to effectively communicate and drive sustainable change with a wide range of audiences, including executives.
Nice to Haves
- Credited educational experience, Operational Management Leadership Program or similar programs.
- Experience with budget and business planning.
- Experience with negotiation and purchasing processes.
- Initially 3-6 individual contributors that will expand to additional mid-management direct reports.