Manager, Logistics Continuous Improvement at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
This role will provide management, strategic direction, service/cost accountability, innovation, and vision to the logistics continuous improvement function. The Manager, Logistics Continuous Improvement is responsible for delivering financial/service level results by leading a team and influencing cross functional stakeholders.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Leads a team of Project Managers and Senior Analysts to drive cost savings and service improvements on over $500 million of annual logistics spend, 500k + truckloads in warehousing, transportation, packaging sorting operations, import/export, and trade compliance.
- Manage team and lead continuous improvement projects in a cross functional, matrix environment to include but not limited to stakeholders in regional customer fulfilment management, plant operations, finance, procurement, real-estate, tax, capital investment projects, and long term planning.
- Implements KPIs for all logistics functional areas, implements new processes, establishes standard work, establishes Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for all cross-functional teams, develop or implement new tools/systems to track efficiencies.
- Responsible for delivering on financial results by driving the team to deliver on innovative improvement projects.
- Lead continuous improvement projects such as autonomous forklifts, scanning functionality, RFID tags on pallets, pick path automation, process redesign, real-time truck tracking, KPI Dashboards, cost to serve, short term capacity planning at warehouses, etc.
- Prioritize work to optimize team impact on both cost and service impacts to Ball Corporation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in a matrix environment to stand up needed solutions to complex problems
- Effectively communicate to executive level leadership to gain approval on high visibility projects
- Lead critical infrastructure and process design work to support Ball Corporation Strategic Growth Plan
- On-site travel will be required to current plant and warehouse locations. In addition, travel to future prospective locations as needed with the strategic growth teams.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Minimum 5 years of job related experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to make recommendations
- Proficient with ERP solutions
- Continous Improvement – DMAIC processes
- Logistics, warehouse and transportation best practices
- Customer and Manufacturing needs and expectations
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples' differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don't see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $98,500 - $150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans