Manager, Customer Support at Billtrust
The Customer Support Manager will have a significant impact on our overall customer experience and satisfaction levels through leading a team responsible for day-to-day service delivery.
The Manager will rely upon proven people leadership experience to handle all talent acquisition and management efforts including hiring, training, coaching, professional development, and performance reviews. This role will utilize strong operational and technical skills to provide primary oversight over all day-to-day production requests and associated workflow for the products they support. In doing so, the role will be required to achieve several key performance indicators such as customer satisfaction (CSAT), employee productivity, quality, and response/resolution time. They will be required to foster strong relationships with both customers and internal management alike and will apply their negotiating skills when working cross-organization (i.e. – IT, DEV, eOps, etc.) to facilitate solutions or meet urgent customer timelines. Additionally, Managers will need to lead by example and work alongside their team members, guiding them through potentially complex production situations and sensitive customer concerns. They will act as the primary customer escalation point within the team and act as a role model advocate for the voice of the customer. Managers are expected to apply their strategic ability to identify opportunities for increasing team efficiency and employee engagement, while maximizing cost. This role will also be highly engaged in strategic, leadership, and customer experience continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide daily guidance and oversight to team members such that production requests are handled in a timely and efficient manner, aligned with customer expectations
- Successfully engage in all phases of personnel management for employee hiring, coaching, training, development, and performance reviews
- Ensure compliance with key performance indicators (KPI) and productivity reporting to ensure appropriate customer milestones achieved
- Suggest methods to improve process flow, efficiency, and service experience to both internal stakeholders and external customers
- Identify gaps/trends in use of applied knowledge and seeks to coordinate appropriate coaching opportunities directly with team members
- Facilitate customer escalation process inclusive of working cross-organization to derive solutions to issues
- Proven experience in managing a technical support team, preferably within a SaaS company or related industry
- Strong technical skills including a demonstrated understanding of software technologies, web functionality, troubleshooting, and data file processing
- Ability to utilize CRM technology to document and manage customer support issues
- Previous experience working with defined operating protocols, systems processes, and service level agreements (SLA)
- Critical thinker with the ability to interface with various internal support partners to derive solutions
- Active listener who seeks to understand the root cause of issues and understand the "why" behind the issue
- Strong verbal (building relationships) and written (documenting answers) customer engagement skills
- Persistent work ethic with a positive, team player mentality
- Proven capability to apply or learn SQL techniques is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.