Machinist Prototype Senior - Horizontal Boring Mill - 2nd Shift
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Machinist Prototype Senior – Horizontal Boring Mill – 2nd Shift
What You’ll Do:
- Setup and operate Kuraki HBM (Horizontal Boring Mill), New 2021.
- 2nd shift Prototype Machinist Sr working in team environment working in conjunction with 1st shift.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to meet critical engineering specifications as shown on engineering prints.
- Review and interpret electronic build documents for machining requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T: Positional as tight as .0005, Profiles .001, Flatness .0005, Diameters to .0002, etc.
- Capable of using programming software (Mastercam) to support the operation.
- Design and fabricate basic to complex holding fixtures for standard and irregular configurations.
- Safely set-up and rig materials using overhead crane.
- Use basic inspection equipment to check parts per ANSI Y14.5.
- Maintain required electronic build records and process logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies/procedures and government regulations.
- May make suggestions relating to the machining and fabrication of intricate complex hardware.
- May develop feed and speed information for new materials and new types of cutting tools.
- May assist leads and supervisors in manufacturing process planning.
- May train, mentor, and coordinate the work of lower-level machinists to assure task completion.
- May support producibility studies on new layouts and Engineering drawings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute technical process specifications, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling, and fixtures.
- Willingness to get required company certifications.
- An appreciation for demanding critically tolerance parts to support our ever-increasing customer base with our continuing successes in Aerospace.
- A customer driven mindset for their on-time delivery requirements.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $31.25 - $42.55 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.