Head of Supply Chain at AMP Robotics
Head of Supply Chain, 2/9/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Head of Supply Chain reporting to the VP of Operations to focus on directing our overall supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of raw materials, selection of vendors, distribution of finished goods, planning, procurement, sourcing, and logistics. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating past performance data to forecast needs and production scheduling. You will also develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of supply chain operations.
As our Head of Supply Chain you will work to:
- Oversight and responsibility for the entire supply chain organization, including systems, projects, programs, budgeting, and support across and within functional areas.
- Leads the supply chain function including procurement, sourcing, planning, inventory management, warehouse, shipping/receiving, logistics, freight and SIOP (sales, inventory, operations planning) process.
- Develop, implement and report on inventory reduction strategies.
- Manages and reports on KPI metrics for working capital and inventory control.
- Manages and tracks all supply chain management support issues with Netsuite.
- Works with, selects, qualifies, and maintains relationships with vendors including negotiating and awarding contracts and approving payments to suppliers.
- Defines and manages commodity strategies and sourcing decisions, while ensuring business supply requirements are satisfied.
- Responsible for delivering the sourcing results for a given set of categories, including developing a business case for supplier award recommendations, leading the development of supplier negotiation strategies, overseeing all supplier cost increases and decreases to minimize AMP Robotic’s cost of goods.
- Defines and manages the commodity strategies and sourcing decisions, while ensuring the successful management and enhancement of the business's supply chain.
- Responsibilities will be wide ranging and include all facets of the strategic and tactical management of the procurement functions including but not limited to daily and long-term material cost of goods and total cost of acquisition of raw materials.
- Develops and implements procurement strategy plan; identifies potential cost savings and oversees budget, while ensuring compliance with government laws and regulations.
- Reduces overall supply risk though contingency planning and understanding of supplier capabilities, disaster preparedness, and financial health.
- Collaborates with both internal and external business partners to understand demand and supplier trends, has a solid understanding of true component costing, should costs and analyses financial data related to the total cost of ownership to identify opportunities for cost reductions.
- Develops objectives and plans that support business and corporate goals and supports continuous improvement activities across the entire supply chain including development and implementation of appropriate measures of performance.
- Develops NPI Materials strategy and assists product development to ensure sourceability and target costs are achieved.
- Will be responsible to lead a small team in planning, purchasing and warehouse scaling as appropriate and business grows.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 10 years of experience in a manufacturing company with strong functional expertise in supply chain management, contract negotiations, demand planning, sales and operations, forecasting and order management.
- Experience in high-mix, low volume manufacturing.
- Experience with demand modeling and statistical forecasting techniques.
- Experience in inventory control methods, cycle count procedures and physical inventory best practices.
- Knowledge and experience in supply chain execution processes such as manufacturing and order management.
- Ability to interact with cross functions from sales, engineering, marketing, service and project management.
- Applied knowledge of lean practices as deployed in supply chain management, inventory control, procurement and logistics disciplines.
- Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge and use of the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP).
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing operations, engineering, tactical execution, customer service, professional communications, cross functionality, computer applications, problem solving, strategic reasoning, teamwork, change management, business acumen and business ethics.
- Capacity to define and communicate planning and procurement challenges and provide guidance to top management in developing and implementing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to help the management team balance planning and procurement requirements with business requirements and identify solutions to meet both sets of requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing sourcing changes, including dual-source and new source development.
- Work with machinery/hardware/robotics combination products.
- Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience.
- Facility with lean manufacturing, an understanding of lean principles.
- Demonstrated creativity and the ability to think “outside the box”.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a high level of detail and make educated decisions with limited data.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- 15 years of supply chain experience with at least 10 years of which in a managerial role.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield CO 80020
- Up to 25% travel both international and domestic.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $120,000-150,000 depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.