Head of Customer Experience at Spark Grills
Spark is a venture-backed startup with a team of A-players who come together every day to meet our ambitious goal of disrupting a stale industry. We are looking for a Head of Customer Experience to join our 16 person (and growing) team. Our ideal candidate has a background in customer support and operations, experience working on cross-functional teams, enthusiasm for rolling up her sleeves, the ability to build and scale a team, and a contagious customer focus.
This position will be a guiding force in ensuring our customers love Spark, partnering across marketing and ops to set up the right processes, broadcasting insights from the front lines through the company, and building a team and culture to scale. The work will require a humble and hard-working attitude, curiosity and adaptability in a rapidly evolving environment, empathy and enthusiasm for customers.
- Deliver firsthand amazing customer support right away.
- Be our first support person. Pack boxes, pick up ringing phones, manage inboxes.
- Architect the processes, systems, and protocols we need to ensure operational excellence from day 1. Improve and evolve them constantly.
- Articulate and evangelize the culture and philosophy driving our interactions. Define and drive a clear mission and strategy for turning customers into promoters.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor people that will grow and strengthen a customer centric culture.
- Manage specific customer requests, but don’t get lost in the weeds. Have the ability to pluck out larger insights and trends that can inform product, engineering, marketing and more.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Set tangible, actionable KPIs across customer happiness, speed, quality, and our own team’s capacity.
- Anticipate where problem areas will emerge and proactively solve problems before things break.
- Be purposeful with interactions, bringing positive energy, thoughtfulness and empathy in order to inspire loyalty and referral.
- Help make Spark an industry leader, known for having friendly, fast, and easy service as well as having a constant customer focus.
- Ability to speak a little bit of every language in the office, including mechanical and software engineering.
- Cross functional focus to avoid customer insights staying siloed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to hire and inspire an amazing team.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Generous equity package in a venture-backed startup.
- Market based compensation.
- A fun team environment, located right next door to the Rayback.
- Plenty of room for professional growth as part of a small but growing team.
We’re applying engineering, design, technology, and, above all, fresh thinking to reimagine the modern grilling experience. Wait what? Grilling is an American pastime. It’s part of our social fabric. Why change something that’s not broken?
We believe parts of the experience and category are broken or stale. Even what’s working can be improved – but we can’t ruin what people already love. That’s a tough balance to strike. But we believe there’s a huge opportunity.
Spark combines the artisanship of the pre-gas era with the technology of today to give cooks the authenticity, taste and character of charcoal without all the hassle.