Fraud Support Associate I at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This position is part of our larger customer interaction management team. Aside from a great leadership staff the group includes 50+ associates that are well trained with a desire to provide superior customer service. At FIS we believe that our front-line associates are as important as our clients and consumer for whom we provide services and support.
What you will be doing
As a valued member of our team you will be responsible for addressing calls from consumers, clients and merchants. Typical inquiries will be to verify activity on credit, debit and prepaid cards. Most of the questions will be about authorizations, while others may require your critical thinking skills. You will be required to meet standards regarding quality, schedule adherence and other metrics that would be outlined during training. After you successfully mastered the skills of this role you may be tasked to provide mentoring to less experience associates.
- Addressing a high volume of inbound calls (80-120 per day)
- Using resources to troubleshoot and appropriately resolve customer inquires
- Document and update fraud databases
- Follow up on escalated issues with coaching to learn appropriate solutions
- Expand overall knowledge of services
- Resolve suspicious phones calls
- Extensive training 8am-4:30pm for four (4) weeks
What you bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior call center experience; banking experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written) that foster customer satisfaction
- Intermediate computer navigation and operation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including employer sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive compensation package that includes paid vacation (3 weeks), sick time (5 days) and volunteer time (8 hours)
- Career advancement opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
Also, overtime work is an essential function of this position. From time to time you could be required to work overtime.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.