The Executive Director of Innovation is responsible for ensuring GHX continues to drive growth through new solution development across the enterprise. This includes collaborating with business and product leadership and creating, operationalizing, and scaling new offerings targeted at potential healthcare provider, life sciences, medical technology, and health insurance industries. In doing so, this individual will help to drive successful innovation through the execution of highly customer centric opportunity analysis and product discovery campaigns.
Initially this individual will also take ownership of GHX’s emerging Performance Based Contracting solution, through which he or she will work closely with both provider and supplier customers. This responsibility includes successful design and communication of a well-defined operating model to senior leadership, product management, and technology stakeholders. It also requires successful business development efforts to realize initial revenue and profitability targets for the business line.
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, persuasive, organized, and self-motivated. They will have a proven track record as an influential cross-functional business leader that develops relationships (both internally and externally) to deliver on key growth metrics. He or she is thoughtful about business model design and has experience serving in an entrepreneurial or “general manager” capacity. Lastly, a strong knowledge of healthcare and an ability to form and articulate perspective about where the industry is headed in the future is highly valuable in this role. This role will report to the VP, Strategy and Corporate Development.
- Collaborate with business unit leadership to develop successful solutions through rigorous discovery and customer development efforts.
- Serve as thought leader and guide for customer-centric organic growth and innovation
- Provide strategic guidance to ensure new solutions fit with GHX’s portfolio and business structure
- Lead ongoing risk/reward analysis to guide investment in new opportunities
- Lead the development of new solutions from origination to successful commercialization
- Conduct rigorous opportunity analysis and product discovery efforts with current and prospective clients
- Compose and design desired solutions in collaboration with product management leaders
- Deliver business cases to senior leadership team, including C-Suite, in order to secure necessary funding to scale business
- Promote solutions to prospective clients and deliver early adopters
- Coordinate and support sales, marketing, and business development activities in collaboration with commercial leadership
- Position our organization as a thought leader in desired areas of interest
- Clear results orientation and demonstration of grit and perseverance necessary to catalyze successful outcomes
- Ability to seamlessly transition between high-level strategic thinking and organized and effective execution
- Significant experience working cross-functionally within an organization
- Strong communication, project management, and presentation skills across multiple levels of an organization
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Eight plus years of experience in a general manager, business development, product management, finance, strategy, or similar role
- Strong healthcare industry knowledge as it relates to medical technology, hospitals and health systems, value-based care, and cost management
- Undergraduate and graduate (MBA / PhD) degrees from top-tier institutions preferred
- Proof of entrepreneurial characteristics
- Healthcare technology (HIT) industry experience
Estimated base salary: $150,000-$186,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.