Executive Assistant/Office Manager at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to join Hotel Engine as a partner to our Leadership Team, to ensure their schedules are optimized, inboxes are prioritized, and the team is operating at peak performance. 2022 is a year of growth, change and exciting momentum as our team doubles and our business expands into new markets to serve business travelers in the US and abroad.
Here's what you'll do:
- Greet guests and escort them up to the office
- Insist on high standards by maintaining office cleanliness in kitchen, workspaces, and meeting rooms
- Ensure a pleasant associate and guest experience by refilling snacks / drinks / supplies around the office
- Keep the HE team energized with morning and afternoon coffee
- Ensure the VP of Data and VP of Supply's calendars are effectively managed:
- Prioritize inbound requests and coordinate meetings with internal team members and external partners from clients to investors
- Proactively anticipate and solve schedule conflicts
- Communicate effectively with all parties in a professional and personal manner
- Review the weekly schedule in advance in order to research and coordinate prep materials so that the team is ready and informed for every meeting
- Take the lead on email inbox prioritization
- Triage inbound messages and surface the urgent and important items for timely responses
- Track outstanding messages ensure follow ups are complete
- Draft messages for review
- Demonstrate independence, good judgment and effective problem-solving skills when making decisions, taking action or working with others
- Confidently and discretely work with confidential and high-priority information
- Support event coordination
- Help with swag management
- Coordinate leadership team and company events including board and all-hands meetings and off-sites
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather team updates and pull together presentation materials
Here's what we're looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience in similar or related roles supporting leadership
- Must be located or have active plans to move to Denver, CO. This role requires working in office 4-5 days per week.
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- A willingness to be hands-on with any and every task that comes your way while handling interruptions, changes or issues with empathy and diplomatic communication
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, multitasking abilities, and a high level of attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working quickly, and efficiently to prioritize, schedule and follow up on important items
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with tools like Microsoft Teams & Office365 products
- The base salary range for this role is $65,000 - $75,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.