Enterprise Commercialization Commerce Lead at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Enterprise Commercialization group is a recently established team focused on working across FIS to support the effective deployment of strategically important initiatives. The team will partner closely with key stakeholders on several commercialization efforts from solution definition, to initial market launch, and to broader customer roll-out. The team will also be responsible for helping establish best practices to support all areas of the business including enhanced go-to-market activities, resolution plans to common challenges, and identification of new areas of growth.
What you will be doing
The Enterprise Commercialization Commerce Lead will partner closely with FIS merchant solutions and innovation divisions to ensure the effective launch of strategically important initiatives from solution definition, to initial market launch, and then to broader global roll-out. This will include engaging with existing go-to-market teams on key commercialization activities, identifying and resolving potential issues, supporting cross-functional engagement on selected topics, and collaborating on areas for future growth or improvement.
- Partner with existing teams across both merchant solutions and innovation on the prioritization and successful deployment of commercialization initiatives
- Ensure that each priority initiative moves effectively through the key commercialization stages from initial scoping, to solution development, to market launch, and then to broader roll-out
- Support selected commercialization activities including addressing potential challenges, leveraging processes from other initiatives, and securing input from other FIS functions
- Monitor overall progress across all high priority initiatives against defined success metrics or revenue objectives
- Continue to proactively anticipate potential issues or growth opportunities and develop recommended approach for resolution
- Remain knowledgeable on competitor products, industry trends and market dynamics impacting the commerce and retail landscape
- Help create and manage the future Enterprise Commercialization Commerce team with responsibility for resource allocation including budget and personnel.
- Oversee primary activities of individual contributors to ensure completion of tasks and attainment of enterprise commercialization goals.
- Travel will be TBD as time permits due to current travel situation
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business, finance or marketing preferred.
- 8+ years of experience at a commerce focused corporate, startup, or technology provider
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Proven ability to work within an evolving and dynamic environment
- Motivated to play a key role in building a new team from scratch
- Capable of managing multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Understanding of product management, development, and commercialization
- Knowledge of merchant payments, digital commerce, and retail innovation preferred.
- Passionate about key technology and industry trends reshaping the commerce ecosystem.
- Effective at interacting successfully across an organization at different levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.