Director of Provider Operations at SonderMind
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
Our Director of Provider Operations will be responsible for driving business and clinical success through high-volume direct interaction with our provider network.
Success looks like
- Balancing the three key performance metrics that directly drive business results
- Influencing the SonderMind Provider Network to achieve clinical goals set- out by the Clinical team
- Removing roadblocks and solving problems for the Provider Success organization
What you’ll do
- Lead our growing team of Provider Success Coaches
- Transform our outbound Provider Success operations to closely align with driving key business and clinical metrics
- Drive LTV (lifetime value) through high-quality, industry leading support and coaching
- Responsible for owning critical company KPIs: provider churn, average claims per provider and active providers
- Deliver substantially improved provider segmentation that then drives differentiated activities for customer outreach and inbound customer handling
- Work closely with Clinical to drive successful clinical initiatives
- Work closely with Provider Experience (Onboarding, Training and Education) and Product to identify and prioritize product enhancements to deliver value to our network
- Ensure our network internalizes the scaled value that we provide to them
- Create differentiated provider experiences based on segmentation
- Be the primary "eyes and ears" with the customer and thus becoming an expert on customer needs
What you’ll bring with youCritical Competencies
- Drive for Results: Bias for action, high intrinsic motivation, thrives under pressure; maximises opportunities and makes bold decisions at the right time.
- Balancing Stakeholders: Understands the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders; taking a proactive approach to shaping, influencing, balancing, and aligning stakeholder interests
- Data Driven: Ability to utilize data to make decisions, as well as present compelling data-driven stories to drive towards compelling outcomes.
- People Management: Exhibiting the courage and maturity to effectively and thoughtfully lead, motivate, and inspire others.
- Resilience & Adaptability: Ability to navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change. Effective with limited information or direction; comfortable.
Solution Orientation: Sees problems as opportunities. Understands, captures and enhances stakeholder vision. Adjusts the solution to suit the problem and the stakeholder.
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Success
- Experience in scaling a customer-facing organization of at least 10 people
- Ability to manage scaled provider operations with different levels of software integration (i.e., some level of data scrappiness, operational flexibility combined with pragmatic decision making.
- Experience in exceeding performance metrics and comfort being measured on them.
- Demonstrated experience in iterating through small, manual pilots and building scaled operations in areas where it makes sense
- Demonstrated experience in building structure where it previously did not exist. Can be a steady, mature pilot of the proverbial plane that is being built while in the air
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay transparency - the starting salary for this role is $125,000.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.