Director of Operations & Planning - National Defense (ND) at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The National Defense Strategic Business Unit works with members of the military, intelligence and defense communities to deliver space systems that drive mission success. From space situational awareness to Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, we provide resilient mission-level solutions for the nation’s greatest challenges.
Director of Operations & Planning – National Defense (ND)
What You´ll Do:
- Organize, prioritize, and manage Strategic Support Unit (SSU) resources, at the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) portfolio level, required for successful program capture and execution.
- Document requirements and ensure infrastructure support to pursuits, capture campaigns and programs across the ND mission areas.
- Collaborate with the mission areas and Strategic Operations to promote ND capabilities with key customers.
- Lead ND engagement with SSUs to ensure staffing, facilities, program security, information assurance, and ITS needs are met for the portfolio.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process. Communicate the strategic goals and objectives of the ND SBU to the SSU Leadership.
- Establish and communicate operational objectives and long-term facilities and equipment plans, including investments and prioritization.
- Provide executive support for ND Mission Areas at program reviews and customer engagements.
- Oversight of ND SBU tailored processes and interfaces with other company SBUs and SSUs (including Engineering, Operations, Security/Mission Assurance, Finance, HR).
- Contribute to, and coordinate actions for, the risk management process.
- Ensure implementation of efficiency improvements and lessons learned across ND programs.
- Support ND on corporate level issues and initiatives associated with process improvements or deficiencies, Mission Assurance Bulletins, Failure Review Boards, etc.
- Leadership of business processes and LCGM compliance throughout the program life cycle for the portfolio.
- Leadership of program protection strategies and planning.
- Leadership of the Mission Support Center.
- Other duties as assigned by the ND Vice President and General Manager.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree in related field plus 15 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- Subject to business and individual performance, and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in a long-term incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.