Director, OEM Field Operations (Remote) at Markit Digital
IHS Markit and automotiveMastermind is looking for an experienced OEM account manager and business development leader to contribute to the growth of OEM business. This position will have full relationship management responsibility for designated OEMs which are assigned by headquarter location. This person is required to have an in-depth understanding of the OEM's business, goals, strategies, industry trends and direction and how they map to IHS Markit & automotiveMastermind SaaS products and solutions. This role will oversee daily activity for the national OEM account management team, OEM dealer onboarding and launch activities for our Enterprise EyeQ product, defining our national co-op strategy, collaborating on marketing integrations, demonstrating continuous value of our EEQ & MEQ Sales and Marketing platform. Cultivating established relationships with OEM senior leadership will be critical.
What we need help with
The Director, OEM Field Operations, will bring their skills to a high-performing account management team, responsible for developing, orchestrating and deliver go-to-market program strategies that will increase adoption of EEQ & MEQ, resulting in our OEMs achieving their targets.
The ideal candidate will be accustomed to integrating themselves in the clients' business and fully understanding company goals and objectives. The successful candidate will have proven experience managing executive-level client relationships.
Reporting to the Executive Director, OEM National Sales, you will be tasked with ensuring customers accomplish their goals and effectively recognize and communicate the value our platform brings to their organization. Through collaboration with your team, peers, and stakeholders across aM and IHSM, you will refine the foundation with effective engagement strategies that drive ongoing adoption, further develop client relationships, and promote advocacy of our brand.
What you will do
- Direct a team of OEM facing account managers with a focus on establishing long term relationships while growing revenue via our core products and services which span both the dealer and enterprise level.
- Inspire, attract, and manage a team of high functioning account managers, spanning customer relationship and sales efforts. Develop, lead and coach with a strong focus on team and individual development, organizational metrics, and scorecard results.
- Manage daily activities and performance milestones of OEM facing field teams which includes but is not limited to development of account strategies, personnel development and training.
- Contribute as a member of the leadership team to inform strategy, driving successes that support the long-term strategic vision.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and other key stakeholder groups to align on retention, growth and territory goals, and strategic initiatives.
- Regularly monitor and forecast retention, observing key trends and holding the team accountable for engagement outcomes, retention targets and customer growth.
- Develop and enhance existing customer engagement strategies, and ensure the team is engaging strategically with current and prospective customers and help prioritize activities that drive adoption, value and advocacy within the OEM space.
- Provide analytics and reporting including forecasting, pipeline analysis, presentations and reports that communicate performance to quota, and customer health
- Serve as an Executive Sponsor for strategic customers and enable your team to build and nurture relationships across the customer's ecosystem to solidify partnerships and create opportunities for expansion.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to strengthen operational components around retention insights, renewal efforts, and customer health and adoption metrics and tools.
- Be a thought leader in developing and executing on Customer Success and Account Management best practices that can be used across the organization.
- Own and evolve the Commercial customer journey, including onboarding, adoption, retention, and expansion with an emphasis on defining and demonstrating value to grow net revenue retention.
- Navigate complex account management landscape at an enterprise level which will include engagement ranging from specialist organizational levels through senior executive leadership.
- Align with IHS Markit key OEM team stakeholders to ensure consist and transparent account management for each OEM.
- Identify, form, and maintain senior level relationships with key decision makers at the OEM headquarters.
- Collaborate, consult, and influence senior level contacts on our ability to support their sales and loyalty targets
- Promote EEQ and MEQ adoption with OEM accounts.
- Product technology expertise with ability to demo both EEQ and MEQ products for prospective clients.
- Deliver revenue objectives associated with EEQ & MEQ sales and retention.
- Develops and executes strategic business plans by OEM based on the Company's strategic objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or higher required in sales, marketing, or business field with at least ten years business-to-business direct consultative selling experience, account management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong demonstrated experience building teams and managing high-performing account management teams
- Minimum of 5 years of OEM or captive finance experience recommended.
- Able to travel up to 60-80% of the time, inclusive of nation-wide travel to OEM headquarters.
- Extensive and progressive experience in software Sales, or with automotive OEMs.
- Proven track record.
- Sound business acumen and problem-solving skills; thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- This role will direct activities of an account management team that will call on all US based OEM and manage multiple OEM relationships simultaneously. This requires superior time management, organizational skills, ability to work in highly matrixed role and full accountability for OEM engagement and revenue goals.
- C-suite relationship engagement and management.
- Excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, relationship building and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently (and with a team), able to operate in a less/unstructured role and manage own day-to-day activities.
- Great at execution: data and results driven, detail oriented, organized self-starter.
- Proven track record to achieve sales targets, conquest new business, sell broad-based solutions and is proficient at solutions selling techniques.
- Proven ability to take on leadership initiatives and be a change agent.
- History of developing and executing partner Go-to-market plans.
- Proficient level understanding of value proposition and sales process.
- Proactively solicits feedback, asks questions, and resolves issues in a non-confrontational way.
- Demonstrated ability to develop customer relationships.
- Thinks quickly, works fast, and embraces change.
Be ready to travel
This role requires 60-80% travel nationally as needed. Candidate can live and work remotely (preferably Southern California, Michigan, VA/NJ) and must be able to travel to NY, MI and OEM locations to support sales and marketing initiatives on a regular basis. Candidate should also expect to attend NADA annual meetings and OEM specific events as needed.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $120,302. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.