Director, Marketing & Sales Operations at Iterable (Remote)
Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized and dynamic communications at scale—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies! We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make a difference:
Our team is looking for a Director, Marketing and Sales Operations. You will provide operational support to help grow our business worldwide. The core focus on the role is how we build out strong go-to-market alignment between the marketing and sales organizations. Your expertise in building the marketing and sales funnel will help guide and inform key decisions.
You will report to the Senior Director, Sales Operations. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to help scale our Revenue Operations team to the next level. You will be the cornerstone for our go-to-market teams and excel in a startup-like environment.
As a member of Iterable’s RevOps team, you will play a key role in developing strategy, process, and reporting for our Sales and Marketing department. Your ultimate goal is to drive cross-functional strategic insights and detailed analytics to optimize the pre- and post- sale process.
Your objective will be to:
- Provide our internal teams with process and reporting that allows them to spend minimal time with data entry and maximum time with prospects and customers
- Provide executives with key analytics that enable them to scale the business through data-driven decisions
- Provide our prospects and customers with the best service and experience possible.
You’ll get to:
- The primary focus will be the development and execution of strategies and programs to drive marketing and sales performance
- Work cross-functionally with senior leaders to support the development of a world-class go-to-market organization
- Partner closely with senior leadership to identify, develop and drive impactful projects that accelerate sales growth and improve sales and marketing processes and operations on a global scale
- Support regular reporting and strategy insights for the sales and marketing organizations, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s scale
- Synthesize and understand complex pipeline trends, forecasts, and recommendations throughout each layer of business
- Understand our customer segments, sizing, and industry trends and signals
- Guide the marketing tech stack roadmap
- Design a successful framework for evaluating and comparing program effectiveness
- Partner with Marketing leadership and finance on planning and budgeting activities
- Provide proactive guidance to Marketing leadership to optimize and scale their key business objectives
- Manage territory and quota assignment process including categorization and segmentation, and allocate headcount based on territory demand and market sizing data
- Manage, engage, challenge, and prioritize a global, distributed team
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration with key stakeholders in Marketing and Sales to ensure organizational alignment around strategic targets, KPIs, and business metrics
- Coach and mentor direct reports on building and organizing roadmaps and priorities around business goals, and guide them on how to collaborate effectively with stakeholders on new requests and initiatives
We are looking for people who:
- 8+ years managing high growth marketing and sales operations organizations
- Previous experience with enterprise email marketing and/or marketing automation solutions
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding against quota and outlined metrics
- Strong experience working with Salesforce.com, Marketo or other MAPs, and modernizing the Marketing and Sales Tech stack
- Team player who is comfortable working with all department leaders in a startup environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be an inspirational leader
- Have a proven track record of project management, process improvement and driving positive results
- Thought leader + speaking engagements
- Member and contributor to industry organizations - MSP, Revenue Collective, Adobe Champions, etc.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’re rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $161,700/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.