What are we looking for?
- Title: Customer Success Manager
- Compensation: $70K to $90K Salary
- Reports To: Director of Professional Services
Who are you?
You love making customers successful. You consider yourself to have both business savvy as well as technical knowledge. A broad business background, strong analytical skills, and impressive technical expertise are your strengths. You seek initiative: volunteer readily, undertake self-development activities, seek increased responsibilities and take independent actions. Innovation and start-up culture are in your blood. You see the team as greater than the sum of its parts and continuously look for ways to work better together. You have no problem thinking on your feet and going ‘off script’ when unique customer needs and situations arise. You are solutions-oriented with the intellectual curiosity to surface insights & implications and use it to think creatively about solutions.
What Would You Do?
At Documoto, Customer Success Managers are more than just customer and account managers. Documoto Customer Success Managers fulfill a diverse set of roles, including Implementation Project Manager, Tech Support, and Business Analyst. First and foremost, as a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of Documoto’s relationship with our customers. Customers will look to you for guidance regarding everything from Documoto environment configuration to basic publishing process tips to deployment and go-live best practices. As a Customer Success Manager, part of your role is to work closely with customers to help them redesign their business processes to incorporate Documoto into their daily operations. Customer Success Managers should be able to translate complex customer requirements and build configuration options, with the ability to guide clients through decision-making processes. Throughout the delivery lifecycle, support questions and concerns do come up. As a Customer Success Manager, you will also help customers troubleshoot those issues and provide a heightened support level above and beyond what the customer would normally receive through the Support Center alone. You will also work closely with the Sales team to win new business and increase sales to existing customers. Providing top-quality technical service before and after a sale will help ensure customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships.
Your specific responsibilities would include…
- Managing a customer list of 10-30 accounts at any given time.
- Securing yourself as a trusted/strategic advisor with customers and driving our products and services' continued value.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally and manage customer concerns.
- Act as the liaison for technical inquiries, issues, or escalations. This will include working with Support, Product, and Engineering as needed.
- Continue to build our community Support Center by providing assistance and writing short technical articles on best practices.
- Work with the Customer Success and Support teams to develop training content for Documoto’s online training portal.
- Work with and support the sales team to lead product demos and talk about how Documoto products fit the use-case of a prospect while on calls and during follow-ups.
- Monitor progress of Documoto product installations post-implementation to ensure they are successful.
- Collect and monitor metrics around usage and engagement to confirm they continue to make effective use of Documoto products and services and suggest using features and modules to increase the value they receive.
- Deeply understand our Documoto product capabilities and its business benefits.
- Troubleshoot product issues and perform root cause analysis to resolve issues completely and accurately.
- Hold regular review meetings with customers to discuss any issues or problems and provide reports to Product Management, Sales & Services.
- Analyze customer requirements, develop recommendations, and implement recommended solutions in areas where the company can offer improved products and/or processes.
- Identify opportunities to upgrade or modify their subscriptions and services to meet customers’ needs more effectively.
- Collect and present monthly Customer Health Score Card metrics; track renewal potential; identify and escalate anything that would mitigate churn risk.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 3+ years of experience as a Customer Success Manager and/or Implementation Consultant
- Experience as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more business systems and troubleshooting skills are a must-have
- Must have a confident communication style with strong presentation skills
- Strong technology and business acumen
- Experience leading a software implementation (either as a customer or vendor of that solution) as the project manager for that effort
- Some experience in process design, process improvement, or organizational transformation
- Demonstrated experience with documenting how to’s, wikis, best practice guides, and/or knowledge base articles
- Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle
- A good understanding of SaaS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate within the organization as well as to external clients
- Must be highly detail-oriented and willing to ‘Lead’ and ‘Do.’
- Must be customer-focused
- CAPM or PMP a plus
- SmartSheet, RingCentral, Zendesk and GitHub experience are a plus
- Familiarity with SQL, Excel, web services, XML, and/or other related technologies a plus
- Experience in Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software and/or Equipment Manufacturing a plus
Documoto prefers local candidates or those looking to relocate to Colorado but is willing to consider remote employees.
If a remote employee is selected for this position, they should expect to travel to the Documoto headquarters in Englewood, CO, at least twice a year.
Approximately 10% travel; some international