We believe that application security belongs in the hands of the engineers who write code. It should be automated within current workflows, simplifying the process of building secure software.
StackHawk is seeking an experienced Customer Success Engineer who will assist StackHawk prospects and customers in configuring the StackHawk scanning engine and instrumenting application security testing in their CI/CD pipeline. This role is key to the success of conversion of prospects to customers in helping them quickly become successful with the scanning engine, and experiencing the StackHawk platform for triaging and fixing security bugs. After customers choose to purchase, this role is also critical in ensuring successful rollout and adoption of the product. The StackHawk Customer Success Engineer will be an experienced technologist with technical breadth and depth, coupled with strong presentation and listening skills, as you will be a technical face of StackHawk to our customers and prospects. You will partner with the sales team, enabling them to engage in technical discussions and be the primary technical relationship owner.
As the Customer Success Engineer for a rapidly growing DevOps + AppSec company, you must be a strongly motivated self-starter that can work cross-functionally with the rest of the Founder, Engineering and support teams to drive new adoption of the StackHawk product.
What You'll Do
- Discover customer use cases and ideal solution using StackHawk’s sales methodology
- Validate customer requirements and determine any potential blockers
- Collaborate with prospects customer development or security teams to instrument StackHawk in customer CICD pipelines
- Help customers achieve data rich scans by supporting them with YAML configuration, authentication and API scanning
- Prioritize customers needs and feature requests with product team
- Determine success metrics and milestones to help customers configure solution, onboard, and expand usage
- Track customer adoption, engagement, and expansion opportunities in an effort to prevent churn and ensure high renewal rates.
- Develop, deliver, maintain demo environments
- Report out on customer health to the rest of the organization
- Deliver webinars, live content demos of the product, and partner demos
- Maintain a Subject Matter Expert level of knowledge of StackHawk’s solutions while staying current in understanding the competitive landscape and industry trends
- Help to establish and refine ways to make prospects and customers successful with StackHawk that will ensure revenue growth
- Convey customer technical requirements to Product and Engineering teams
- Ability to travel (around 25% estimated) throughout sales territory for meetings with prospects, partners and events (you know, once this COVID thing is under control)
- 3+ years of experience in SaaS software support and engagement
- Experience with some of all of the following foundational technologies: RestAPI, GraphQL, Server Side HTML applications, and Application Security Testing
- Proficient in YAML definitions
- Experience working with or willingness to learn the Zed Attack Proxy open source scanner
- Ability and experience in troubleshooting software products
- You’re a self-starter with a proven track record of success, driving revenue growth against quota, and increased profitability in complex developer based sales motion.
- You are a creative, out of the box thinker with a passion for coming up with novel solutions to complex problems
- You’re highly data-driven with a commitment to process. You know success has to be measured and you work best with well-defined goals.
- You love working in teams and your teams love working with you
- You’re comfortable with and thrive in the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- You have excellent written and oral business communication skills and are comfortable presenting complex technical subjects to both highly technical and business audiences
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a seed stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.