Customer Care Principal at Markit Digital
The Future of coal industry and mining are the crossroads of energy transition
Our products provide clients with:
- Daily news
- Indices and proprietary pricing
- Data and analytics
- Commentary and industry analysis
- Advisory services
- Company information
- Industry events attended by top producers, consumers and traders where deals are often closed
Do you form strong connections with your customers and push them to think in creative ways that will maximize your product's value and achieve desired results? Are you an effective teacher and can simply, yet effectively, guide your customer to success? Have you perfected the craft of active listening and empathy and can fully focus on the customer to ensure their success with your product? Have you received the honorable status as a trusted advisor with customers turning to you for reliable information backed by data, experience, and educated intuition? Do you have a creative ability to persuade customers to use your product in a way they didn't realize they could? Do Product Managers respect you because you know the product as well as they do? If you answered yes to these questions, then we'd like to meet you!
This role will own the overall post-sales relationship with our top strategic customers, which will include growing adoption, ensuring retention, and identifying expansion opportunities while maintaining high levels of satisfaction.
As the position evolves, this colleague will be expected to use their intimate knowledge of client needs to also:
- Support pre-sales process
- Provide feedback on product enhancements
- Be a part of a team assisting to development a new content delivery platform
- Orchestrate overall relationship with assigned clients, which will include growing adoption, ensuring retention, and happiness by building Customer Success Plans to aid the customer in realizing value with our solutions, conducting regular check-in calls, and performing quarterly health checks for strategic reviews
- Provide strategic direction for assigned customers within their fields of expertise. Achieve full fluency in substantial industry trends and topics to advise customer leaders from various functions
- Identify complex upsell opportunities and work with the Account Manager to assist in renewing customer contracts
- Work closely with the Account Team to find opportunities for new usage of IHSM solutions across organizational functions. Conduct strategic account planning to prioritize opportunities and customer goals
- Act as the IHSM liaison for technical inquiries, issues, or escalations, and customer feedback. This will include working with IHSM Support, Product Management (i.e. roadmaps), or others as needed
- Maintain a deep understanding of our solutions to understand common best practices and consulting solutions for your assigned customers. Provide insight with respect to the availability and applicability of new IHSM products and features
- 3 - 5 years in a related function with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in software post-sales or professional services functions
- Experience in running presentations for clients
- Fluency in English and 1 or more language (French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of how large companies operate (many business units, purchasing department, finance team, customer support team, complex decision-making process, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal, written, social and interpersonal skills, as well as expertise in building long-term strategic relationships
- Strong client services orientation: listening, critical thinking, analytical skills and a high degree of empathy
- Experience developing product use-cases with customers
- Proven skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly while still having the ability to focus on details
- Willingness to travel up to 25% (estimated average 10%). Since travel is based on customer and business need, there may be more or less travel depending on the location of customers (Note: 2021/2022 travel requirements may be affected due to COVID-19 restrictions)
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $75,072. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.