Commodity Specialist II - Subcontracts at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Commodity Specialist II – Subcontracts
What You'll Do:
- Assist with, and may lead supplier sourcing, solicit and lead supplier proposal evaluations; employ value analysis techniques to analyze price, technical capability and financial viability, investigate supplier’s ability to perform within the proposed cost, technical, and schedule parameters.
- Assist with category supplier tactical and strategic relationships, may participate on a Category Management team in the development of category supplier strategies, risk assessments, performance tracking, and to drive supplier performance to subcontract requirements. Assist with category specific minor procurements.
- Represent ISC at various levels on cross functional teams to drive business success; cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Perform all procurement, subcontract or indirect supplier contract contractual administrative and management functions including modifications, manage funding, track supplier spend plan, milestone payment plans, cash flow and monitor variances; evaluate accuracy, and authorize payment of invoices; solicit Engineering Change Proposals. Perform other duties as necessary and agreed to by the Category Area Manager. Responsible for all aspects of category procurement, subcontract or indirect supplier contract execution from proposal through product delivery. Ball authorized signature authority for procurements, subcontracts, or indirect supplier contracts, and contractual point of contact with category suppliers.
- Assist in the identification of strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage supplier risk through strategic and targeted negotiations; contribute to program risk and opportunity management.
- Responsible for the management of supplier performance throughout the contractual lifecycle; resolve supplier performance issues and any internal issues that affect supplier performance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Prior experience as a procurement and/or subcontracts management professional at a 1st or 2nd tier Aerospace & Defense contractor.
- Technical aptitude and/or technical degree.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.