Category Specialist II - Mechanical at Ball Aerospace
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Operations Strategic Capability Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Category Specialist II - Mechanical
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for Mechanicals supplier sourcing, solicit and lead supplier proposal evaluations; employ value analysis techniques to analyze price, technical capability, and financial viability, investigate supplier's ability to perform within the proposed cost, technical, and schedule parameters.
- Be responsible for the Mechanicals assigned category supplier tactical and strategic relationships, may participate on the Mechanicals Category Management team in the development of category supplier strategies, risk assessments, performance tracking, and to drive supplier performance to procurement or subcontract requirements. Execute and manage category specific minor, technically complex procurements.
- Represent ISC at various levels on cross functional teams to drive business success; cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Perform Mechanicals procurement contractual administrative and management functions including modifications, manage funding, track supplier spend plan, milestone payment plans, cash flow and monitor variances; evaluate accuracy, and authorize payment of invoices; solicit Engineering Change Proposals, review customer contract modifications to include relevant changes in contractual modifications (if required); manage supplier communications and deliverables, including participation in program technical interchange meetings, as applicable. Perform other duties as necessary and agreed to by the Category Area Manager.
- Be responsible for all aspects of category procurement contract execution from proposal through product delivery. Ball authorized signature authority for procurements, and contractual point of contact with the Mechanicals category suppliers.
- Identify strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage supplier risk through strategic and targeted negotiations; contribute to program risk and opportunity management.
- Be responsible for the management of supplier performance throughout the contractual lifecycle; resolve supplier performance issues and any internal issues that affect supplier performance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capability Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Previous Supply Chain Management or procurement experience, including execution and oversight of direct material procurements or subcontracts in support of DoD, NASA or other government customers; or in support of Fortune 500 type commercial companies for indirect/overhead procurements.
- Extensive working knowledge of supplier management, FAR / DFAR or NASA procurement regulations, price analysis and target pricing techniques as well as prior experience procuring Mechanical componentry, including various machined solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10-25%.
Flexible On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for three or more days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.