Business Risk and Control Testing Specialist at Reserve Trust
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:55 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
About the Team and How You Fit In:
Reserve Trust is the first non-depository fintech trust company with direct Federal Reserve access, completely unconstrained by legacy banking systems. Our unprecedented access to the US payment system enables us to create payment platforms with scale, speed, and costs that are unmatched anywhere. Reserve Trust is breaking new ground in B2B payments for domestic and international customers in the $22T global payments market, and we’re just getting started!
We're hiring problem solvers and collaborators to join our meaningful mission. Headquartered in Greenwood Village, CO just outside Denver, we are backed by top investors, including QED, Temerity Capital Partners, Wasabi Ventures, Financial Venture Studio & Fenway Summer.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
We are looking for an Business Risk and Control Testing Specialist to join our team! This position will primarily focus on executing testing activities and components of the Independent Risk Testing and Control Validation Program to mitigate risk and ensure that the appropriate level of oversight and accountability is being executed across the enterprise. This position is responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment, ensuring the robustness of the Risk program.
This position will report to the Director of Independent Testing work closely with other leadership roles across Reserve Trust.
What You’ll Do:
· Performs business risk and control testing as part of the defined framework and associated program by reviewing line of business controls, remediations, policies, and procedures utilizing standard testing and validation documentation and tools.
· Executes testing against quarterly and annual testing plan by collaborating with Reserve Trust staff, supervisors, managers, and consultants as required to identify gaps in new and existing controls.
· Participates in remediation and ad hoc testing as needed due to the closure of findings, issues, and incidents.
· Independently drafts test scripts and testing documents as well as reports of testing results for review by management and senior leadership.
· Serves as a mentor for less senior testing staff.
· Independently reviews the testing documentation and results of internal quality assurance as well as other testers.
· Challenges the design and operational effectiveness of new and established controls.
· Identifies areas lacking control coverage and recommends appropriate action.
· Lead, manage and support testing teams as well as the people development as this role evolves.
· Associates degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Note: lack of required education may be supplemented based on an appropriate level of knowledge and discipline experience.
· 3-5 years of retail and commercial banking experience, or related industries, along with experience with developing and executing a testing or QA/QC program.
· Comprehensive knowledge of laws and regulations impacting the financial services industry.
· Knowledge of Colorado state banking laws and regulations preferred.
· Experience in Risk, Compliance, and/or Audit or understanding of Risk, Compliance, and Audit programs.
· Proven ability to identify issues using data and observation.
· Working knowledge of commercial banking, product development (PDLC), software development (SDLC) in a FinTech or bank environment.
· Knowledge of testing and experience executing against a defined testing program.
· Experience working the business to improve their control environment.
· Ability to work with stakeholders across groups and at different levels of the organization.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Experience in a start-up environment or with start-up initiatives a plus.
· Attention to Detail
· Action Oriented/ Results Driven
· Ability to create and follow instructions and test scripts
· Ensuring accountability
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $65,000 – 80,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
Read Full Job Description