Bioinformatician II CDx/IVD at ArcherDX
The primary role of this position is to support the CDx/IVD team by providing maintainable and well-tested tools, as well as analysis and interpretation of results of the Archer AMP assay while adhering to ArcherDX software processes. These tasks will need to be all be performed within strict timelines as required by both internal and external stakeholders. The bioinformatician will work closely with the CDx/IVD team in analyzing and interpreting the results of laboratory experiments while providing guidance on how to best design future experiments. This role will be responsible for assisting the CDX/IVD team in troubleshooting and resolving inevitable issues that arise in assay development. This individual will elicit requirements from the CDx/IVD team in order to build software tools, perform statistical analysis, produce rich visualizations, and optimize the accuracy of algorithms in the early stages of planning and development.
Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed that fall within the various disciplines of a bioinformatician in order to meet CDX/IVD deadlines.
- Exploratory ad-hoc analysis of experiments that facilitate data driven decisions
- Data analysis and visualization
- Algorithm testing and optimization
- Design scalable, maintainable and well tested commercial-grade software for the automation and support of feasibility and analytical validation studies
- Follow company policies for producing CDx/IVD software in the planning and development stages of a regulatory submission
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- 2+ years of professional bioinformatics experience (an advanced degree can count towards professional experience)
- Understand the basics of molecular biology as it pertains to human disease, primarily in cancer
- Proficiency with Python and standard NGS bioinformatics tools (e.g. GATK, BOWTIE, BWA, etc.)
- Ability to design and query relational databases (No-SQL experience a plus)
- Machine learning in NGS applications
- Understanding of FDA regulations for software development in medical devices is preferred
- Formal statistics background is a plus
- Formal software development experience is plus
- Proficiency in object oriented design principals is a plus
- Insatiable curiosity
- Introspective and self-aware
- Healthy dose of insecurity that leads to data driven decisions
- Relies on data more than gut instinct
- Puts the team harmony over their own self-interest
- Disciplined to follow process in a high risk environment
- MS or PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
Expected Pay Rate in Colorado from: $85,000
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.