Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us. We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Bill of Materials Specialist to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for reviewing Bills of Materials and maintaining existing Bills of Materials in Oracle Suite system.
- Create, modify and maintain accurate and consistent multi-level Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Be responsible for complete accuracy of the Bills of Materials.
- Responsible for building and handling all change control processes required for BOM accuracy.
- Be responsible for becoming fully competent in using the Bill of Materials maintenance and reports in Oracle Suite system.
- Work with Program Managers, Purchasing and Laboratory teams to ensure that the BOM has the correct structure as well as the correct components and quantities in the Oracle Suites system.
- Actively engage in the construction of BOMs derived by cross functional communication with internal and external teams
- Participate in all BOM related support for design and engineering
- Understand cost impact of changing BOMs and Items as well as impact on production use, inventory values, variances and COGS.
- Analyze all BOM and routing change requests to ensure that each level of the multi-level BOM is changed in accordance with the requested change and ensure that the change request is necessary
- Facilitate any discussions that are required to resolve issues relating to BOM and Item creation and maintenance
- Participate in or lead teams/groups related to BOM accuracy
- Perform special cost analysis, prepare reports, and other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure content of BOM / Timing is always up to date.
- Engage with Lab, Supply Chain and Finance teams to resolve issues.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in BOM management
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP and Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in biotech preferred
- Manufacturing experience a plus
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.