Automotive Business Analyst at Markit Digital
Actionable insights to make better decisions that drive better results
Automotive solutions from IHS Markit leverage technology and data science to provide unique insights forecasts and advisory services spanning every major market and the entire automotive value chain.
With a legacy dating back to the 1920s when R. L. Polk published the first vehicle registration reports, our solutions are used by nearly every OEM, more than 95% of tier one suppliers, media agencies, governments, insurance companies, and financial stakeholders to provide actionable insights that enable better decisions and better results. Automakers, suppliers, and dealers rely on our 800+ auto experts spanning the globe to understand and take action on global and local opportunities, risk, regulation and the disruptive impact of technology and big data. IHS Markit delivers un-paralleled, data-driven solutions and services spanning the entire value chain, from concept design to sales, marketing and the aftermarket.
As the Advisor to our OEM partners, focused on sales and marketing success, this role supports our efforts to provide differentiated value and strategic insights to clients. The Client Advisor organizes and analyzes data to provide value and insights to automotive clients. Vehicle registration, sales, vehicles in operation (VIO), and loyalty data are leveraged to identify meaningful market trends and answer business critical questions. The Advisor is responsible for being a strategic liaison between client and Company; interfacing directly with client teams stemming from special projects, ad hoc requests or proactive analysis derived from a wide variety of IHS Markit solutions.
- Serve as primary onsite point-person to promote and support IHS Markit data solutions; Catalyst for Insight (new and used vehicle registration, sales, and vehicles in operation data) and the Loyalty Analytics Tool (household purchasing behavior data), and other relevant capabilities. This will be done through automotive analysis, reporting and ad-hoc investigations for specific client objectives as well as proactive analysis and insights.
- Understand customer questions and needs to offer data driven solutions and insights using IHS Markit data solutions.
- Present meaningful summaries and business implications to various customer teams based on IHS Markit and client information. Presentations may be in a one-to-one fashion or via formal presentations in front of small or large client groups. Presentation audiences can vary from analyst to Executive Level Management.
- Assist in implementing analytical/research studies by collaborating with other IHS Markit members, including account teams, production and product development.
- Communicates customer needs/specifications, output and timing to project teams and other internal resources to ensure new development projects meet client needs.
- Train clients to use IHS Market data solutions and work to increase client usage by demonstrating the value of our data and tools.
- Elevate and increase overall IHS Markit value with assigned client(s).
- Conveys Voice of Customer (VOC) feedback to IHS Markit account team(s) and Product Management to ensure retention, growth, and new product enhancements and introductions.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of company's products and applications - both licensed and non-licensed by the assigned client(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Business Administration, Math, Economics, or Marketing with at least six (6) years automotive industry analysis experience in a marketing, sales, analytic or consulting role, or equivalent combination of education and expertise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required. Must be able to adapt to different audiences.
- Must be able to translate and write customer or study design needs into technical requirements and specifications.
- Solid writing and presentation abilities required.
- Requires the ability to analyze opportunities and their impact.
- Excellent assessment/probing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fundamental knowledge of database design issues and concepts related to queries driven from compiled files and multiple data sources.
· Mix of work from home, office environment and working on client site up to 80% of the time based on specific client and current business environment or regulations/recommendations.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.