Associate Director, Operations & Strategy at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the Role
Angi is seeking an analytical and energetic leader to help drive Operations for our one of business lines. In this role you will own strategy development and execution of projects to support the growth for Angi's rapidly growing handyman business.
The scope of this mandate is broad - from analyzing the supply and demand balance nationwide to ensuring we have the right pricing and the right product features enabled for your category. You will be responsible for driving strategy and identifying gaps and opportunities to optimize our marketplace metrics. You'll manage a team and work closely with counterparts in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Experience and Legal to solve challenging problems.
As an Associate Director of Operations and Strategy, you will be responsible for critical marketplace KPIs that advance Angi’s mission “to be the home for everything home.”
What you'll do
The scope of this mandate is broad, and requires exceptional capacity to prioritize and focus:
- Lead marketplace metrics for our core handyman services across hundreds of US regions and sub-services, ensuring all customers have a great provider for their job
- Manage the incentives, provider payments and features to ensure the highest level of bookings completion
- Quality control - ensure we’re constantly improving the service we deliver and exceeding customer expectations
- Be the champion of our pro base - own the pro experience and pro retention - we have had over 2 million pros apply to the Angi Services platform and over 150,000 activated!
- Test hypothesis quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to automate processes and add features
- Work closely with the executive team on all operational strategic priorities
What we're looking for
- An exceptional operator who has a strategy background (Top Tier consulting or IB preferred) and is analytical and a strong problem-solver
- 5+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility
- Prior small company or start-up experience is a plus
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable processes from scratch, ideally in an operations intensive environment.
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
- Deep knowledge of Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL is a plus
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Someone excited to have the rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world