Market Development Representative
Gusto is on a mission to provide delightful, modern payroll, benefits, and HR to businesses everywhere. We’re proud to have built a product that our customers love. Now we’re looking for a few intrepid salespeople to spread the word to businesses across the nation.
Are you excited to start and build a sales career at a growing tech start-up?
As a market development representative, and an early member of the team, you will help us shape the entire sales development process. You’ll also be the first person to chat with potential customers, so we’re looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates a natural instinct for sales, MacGyver-like resourcefulness, and a thirst for excellence.
Does that describe you to a tee? Here’s what you would be doing day-to-day:
- Connecting, qualifying, and scheduling demos with potential Gusto customers
- Following up with a high volume of leads quickly
- Fielding inbound calls and emails from leads
- Documenting various details like customer profiles, responses, and next steps
- Listening carefully to understand what customers need and confidently communicating Gusto's value proposition
- Prioritizing opportunities and applying appropriate resources
- Researching, developing, and implementing sales strategies and tactics to drive more demos
If you’re already feeling excited to get started, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Track record of success and over-achievement (in work or school based setting)
- Experience using a CRM to track progress (we use Salesforce)
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, tenacious, and full of win
- A consummate team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats and inspiring everyone around you to do great work
- Technically proficient and experienced with web technologies (able to present pros/cons, use cases/examples, trends, and all that good stuff)
- Great at communicating on the phone, over email, and in person
Bonus points if you have experience with SMBs, payroll or financial services! You always went for that extra credit, right?
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.