Market Development Representative (Entry Level) at Gusto
Gusto is on a mission to provide delightful, modern payroll, benefits, and HR to businesses everywhere. We’re proud to have built a product that our customers love. Now we’re looking for a few intrepid salespeople to spread the word to businesses across the nation.
Are you excited to start and build a sales career at a growing tech start-up?
As a market development representative, you will help us shape the entire sales development process. You’ll also be the first person to chat with potential customers, so we’re looking for a strong communicator who demonstrates a natural instinct for sales, MacGyver-like resourcefulness, and a thirst for excellence.Here’s what you would be doing day-to-day:
- Qualifying, and scheduling demos for potential Gusto customers
- Following up with a high volume of leads quickly
- Fielding inbound calls and emails from leads
- Documenting various details like customer profiles, responses, and next steps
- Actively listen to understand what customers need and confidently communicating Gusto's value proposition
- Prioritizing opportunities and applying appropriate resources
- Researching, developing, and implementing sales strategies and tactics to drive more demos
- Track record of success and over-achievement (in work or school based setting)
- Experience using a CRM to track progress (we use Salesforce)
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, tenacious, and full of win
- A consummate team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats and inspiring everyone around you to do great work
- Technically proficient and experienced with web technologies (able to present pros/cons, use cases/examples, trends, and all that good stuff)
- Great at communicating on the phone, over email, and in person
Bonus points if you have experience with SMBs, payroll or financial services! You always went for that extra credit, right?About Gusto
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.