Talent Management Business Partner (HR) at SpotX
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households.
As a Talent Management Business Partner (TMBP) you will be a strategic partner to our tech teams (engineering, data, product), ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of HR programs and services that support the development of our employees and managers. Our ideal candidate will provide consultation across the HR landscape, deliver a high level of service, and act as a champion for positive change.
- Act as the first point of contact for People Managers, providing guidance and coaching on HR topics such conflict resolution, compensation, company policy interpretation, retention, and management principles
- Establish genuine relationships with everyone that you support to ensure that you are in tune with the sentiment within each department
- Identify areas of strength and opportunity with the intent to strengthen our culture and improve performance
- Understand the key drivers of each business unit that you support and the activities that impact those drivers
- Work with leadership to create effective People metrics to track and improve engagement and results
- Consistently evaluate and make recommendations to enhance/improve our People processes and procedures to ensure they are aligned with our culture and strategic plan
- Deliver relevant training and facilitate focus groups that will enhance decision making, continuously improve the employment experience and ensure that we remain inclusive
- Coach and counsel leaders and individual contributors to ensure they understand how to thrive in our environment and assist them in their personal and professional development
- Understand the business being served: this requires engagement with the management team on a regular basis to understand the various elements of the business
- Drive performance management throughout the year by coaching managers on appropriate goal setting, coaching, and feedback; leading to the annual review process
- Partner with business leaders in people development and talent planning decisions
- Recommend improvements to HR policies, training programs, wellness programs, etc
- Provide guidance, support and consultation to both leadership and employees regarding policy recommendations and strategic Human Resources practices
Requirements and Experience:
- 2-4 years experience working in an HR Business Partner or Generalist role to include management coaching and consultation, employee development and workforce planning and/or a Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of human resources
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive nature
- Problem-solving skills
Bonus SpotX'er talents:
- Ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, attention to detail, and quality management
- Ability to work through ambiguous and unique situations
- Ability to operate effectively through change when situations are complex or when information is contradictory
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with employees and leadership who are located at remote sites
- The ability to understand that the current state is not the end state and be comfortable with uncertainty
- A passion for enhancing the employee experience
- This position is based in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, and parental leave.
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $65,000 - $85,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 10 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.