Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a highly distributed team supporting fully remote employees across every time zone in the US. We also have hubs in Austin, Denver, and San Francisco. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who you are
Our Talent team is committed to ensuring brightwheel has the team in place to enable a high-quality early education for every child. We are seeking an experienced Senior Technical Recruiter to join our growing Talent team. This individual will partner closely with our Engineering, Product and/or Design leadership and play a critical role in scaling these organizations.
As a senior member of our Talent Team, you will be a trusted thought partner to leaders across the company, diving deep to understand business needs and develop tailored recruitment strategies to fill critical roles. You are process-driven and detail-oriented, regularly analyzing data to identify opportunity areas and implement solutions. You are passionate about creating an unparalleled candidate experience and building a process that is inclusive, equitable, and enjoyable for every candidate. You are a driven team player, comfortable managing a full-cycle process across a mix of technical roles.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a trusted thought partner to business leaders to understand hiring needs, develop strategies, and drive creative approaches for recruiting top technical talent
- Build diverse pipelines of top talent by engaging passive talent and finding creative ways to market your roles and unlock referrals
- Create and run an efficient, equitable, and thoughtful process that balances rapid growth with maintaining a high bar for talent
- Utilize data to understand the pipeline and identify opportunities to strengthen your approach in filling each role
- Create a best-in-class candidate experience that focuses on inclusive recruitment and hiring practices
- Help us uplevel our Talent Team by building and sharing best practices for sourcing, hiring, and retaining great team members
Qualifications, skills, & abilities
- 5-8 years of experience in full-cycle technical recruiting; technical sourcing experience a plus
- Exceptional ability to partner with hiring managers and team members to achieve ambitious goals
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and improve processes; ability to focus efforts in the areas that matter most
- Experience hiring diverse and inclusive teams, and building strategies that support and encourage those efforts
- Ability to use data to draw actionable insights that drive continuous improvements
- Strong track record of building and managing a strong candidate pipeline via sourcing, referrals, and postings
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.