Senior Director, Human Resources at Vertafore
The Senior Director, Human Resources is responsible leading the HR Business Function for the organization. This includes manager people in the business partner role and developing and executing people strategy that elevates the employee experience to drive growth and profitability at. You will lead cross functional efforts to standardize and enhance the employee experience, making You will focus on collaborating with leaders to drive the business strategy, utilizing talent insights and organization data to drive business outcomes, engaging Centers of Excellence to drive strategic business initiatives that solve the most important business challenges and creating leverage as we solve for local or regional problems in an enterprise-wide, scalable manner. You will be responsible as the HR leader of business partners across our global centers of excellence.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
• Develops organization strategy to enable business strategy, including strategic planning, organization alignment assessment, talent insights and employee experience
• Leads transformation efforts, including change management, process improvement, org design and capability development
• Leverage our talent philosophy to ensure robust succession plans, build individual, team and enterprise performance management and manage workforce planning efforts
• Lead the team through thoughtful decisions on people issues
• Coach and consult with leaders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
• Experienced team leader who continuously aligns team priorities, holds team members accountable to achieve their best performance, and coaches team members to grow and develop
• Learn and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies, practices and employment law
• Act as expert on people related employment trends.
• Build and cultivate strong relationships across a wide range of internal and external constituents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thinks strategically, applying business insights to formulate and drive HR solutions that achieve organizational objectives
• Makes informed business decisions through the use of data and analytics
• Leads change, initiating and supporting organizational transformation, and adjusting direction when needed
• Skillful champion and influencer of cultural shifts that create diverse, equitable, and inclusive outcomes
• Confidence to have a strong point of view and express it even if it proves unpopular
• Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues-incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business
• Executive presence, relationship building, strong decision-making skills
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum of 10 years of recognized, progressively responsible human resources experience, with oversight of such functions.
• Minimum of 5 years experience leading HR teams
• Highly strategic and motivated leader who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working with global cross functional teams.
• Proven experience in developing relationships, building presence and earning/commanding respect with C-level executives.
• Thorough knowledge of human resources practices including organizational design, talent management, and culture/change management
• Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making
• Ability to lead with a consultative approach, and provide guidance and advice when needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.