HR Business Partner - Americas at FareHarbor
FareHarbor is a fast-growing team of experts with the mission to enable tour operators and activity companies all around the world to grow their businesses and to become more productive and profitable. We develop and offer a technology platform that automates and organizes their business!
The HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting our Management team in the Americas Region. You will need strong influencing skills and the ability to translate rapidly evolving business needs and goals into initiatives to help grow our business and strengthen our people.
This role is based in our Denver office and reports to the Global HR Director in Amsterdam.
- You will have full operational ownership and leadership of the Americas People team (consisting of both HR and Recruitment).
- You will be the trusted advisor for multiple stakeholders, providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to both leaders and managers in all aspects of HR
- You are accountable for managing complex employee relations processes and cases including absence, performance management, disciplinary procedures and outcomes;
- Develop and deliver training in order to support business needs and empower management to lead their teams more efficiently
- You are the change liaison for the Americas and make sure that all changes impacting employees are thought through and smoothly implemented
- You will be responsible for creating pragmatic business-orientated solutions to various people topics such as ensuring any org redesigns follows proper change management processes, helping to build a positive culture in the office and continuously striving to increase management capabilities.
- Collaborate with your HR colleagues across the globe, actively contribute to Global People projects, and provide insightful ideas and suggestions;
- Work with and partner with the HR Operational Team of Booking.com, to align on key processes, policy application and changes within the business, thus ensuring a coordinated service delivery to key stakeholders and employees;
- Keep up to date with legal requirements for the Americas, serving as the knowledge base for all people-related legal matters and providing suggestions for proactive and protective changes.
- Serve as the escalation point on all HR-related matters within the region.
- Ensure compliance with all local/state/federal employment laws as well as relevant corporate policies/guidelines. and identify opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals
- Design, evaluate and modify benefits plans (such as health, dental, vision, and 401k), policies, and procedures to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in legal compliance with government regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field. Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred
- SPHR and/or GPHR Certification is a firm requirement
- 8+ years of experience within HR and 2 years of People Management in a dynamic organization with broad knowledge and experience in human resources management and HR Processes
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Must consent to and successfully pass background check
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills associated with developing trusting relationships
- Must have implicit knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and their implications
- Experience working in a global company
- 23 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week)
- 401k + Employer Matching
- Health Insurance. Dental and Vision
- Downtown Denver Location
- Social Hours & Events