Head of Talent Management at Robinhood
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
Robinhood is seeking an innovative thinking and builder to play a key role in delivering on the People Team’s mission of creating a growth culture that empowers Robinhoodies to do their best work. As the Head of Talent Management, you are passionate about and have a proven track record of delivering innovative programs focused on performance management, empowering managers, growing talent, the future of work (aka remote work), and scaling culture. You also have a track record of understanding business needs and taking the initiative to drive solutions in a value added way. You enjoy partnering with others to do great things.
In short, you are a top-notch talent management leader that is passionate about defining strategies and programs focused on accelerating employee and organizational performance through the design and delivery of customized differentiated solutions that meet the needs of the business throughout the employee life cycle.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Vision-setter: Set vision for what's possible with our talent strategy, collaborating closely with business leaders and our HR team
- Leader: Lead by example as a people manager, hiring great talent, inspiring your teams, developing potential, and creating opportunities for your team members to shine
- Program designer: As Robinhood is constantly evolving, evaluate and partner to design, execute and iterate our talent offerings (performance management, employee experience/engagement programs, manager excellence, development & coaching, succession and talent planning, remote work)
- Talent advocate: Deeply understand business priorities, helping the Talent Management team articulate how our talent solutions can help drive business outcomes; collaborate with leaders so our workforce is high performing and highly engaged
- Trusted advisor: Build mutual trust and respect with senior business leaders, acting as advisor and thought partner; help leaders grow and become more effective with effective manager enablement solutions
- Problem solver: Collaborate across the full cycle of HR (cyclical programs, organizational change, learning & development, employee relations, diversity & belonging, etc.) to deliver talent solutions for every stage of the employee lifecycle
- Culture champion: Invest in our culture and transform the way employees work to drive collaboration, innovation, productivity, and deliver a great customer experience starting with an exceptional distributed and inter-connected experience across the Robinhood footprint
- Rolling up your sleeves: Ready to jump in and do what it takes to support your customers and our people operations and programs
- 10+ years of experience across Talent Management, People Operations, HR specialist (Recruiting, Compensation, HRBP, etc.), or senior partnership roles
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager
- Experience partnering with and influencing senior leaders to help drive their people strategies and increase business outcomes
- Expertise developing deep, trusting relationships at all levels -- from new grad employees to C-suite executives
- Strong empathy and change management skills to scale teams through hyper growth and rapid change
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in Retail Brokerage space and the challenges facing an organization bringing “tech” to a heavily regulated industry
- Experience working and learning in a high growth, fast-paced environment
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.