Head of People Operations at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of AI, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We have already deployed our technology across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase the efficiency of recycling operations.
Our dedicated team is located just outside Denver in Louisville, Colorado, with views of Boulder’s flatirons and the Rocky Mountains. With backing from top tier investors including Sequoia and recognition as a “Rising Star Company of the Year” in the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, we’re looking for exceptional talent to support our mission.
AMP Robotics is looking for an experienced leader to join our team and help define, manage, develop and grow our People Operations practices. The Head of People Operations will work with senior leadership and be based in Louisville, CO. The Head of People Ops will work closely with our leadership team to best understand the company’s needs and to encourage and maintain AMP Robotics’s company culture. As the Head of People Ops, you’ll have the unique opportunity to influence and build our practices.
The Head of People Operations will provide a critical partnership with the leadership team to scale our values and culture, create and execute growth strategies, and support the employee’s needs. This individual will represent everyone within the company, develop strategy, drive execution, and maintain a passionate culture within a fast-growing startup, with a key focus on retention and team development. This role has large opportunities for risk-taking and innovation for self-directed individuals passionate about helping others succeed.
- Lead all employee experience initiatives from building our recruiting, onboarding and talent management (performance, L&D, leadership, coaching) strategies to designing compelling total rewards programs and cultivating a culture that reflects a commitment to our mission and an ongoing investment in our team
- Act as a versatile, “full stack” People Ops leader who can operate both as a strategic business partner, supporting the executive team in driving toward company goals, as well as a hands-on operator who won’t shy away from stepping into the details of people operations activities (i.e. running open enrollment, launching and managing a new HRIS, ensuring compliance with state and federal requirements, etc.)
- Connect the dots and facilitate feedback loops throughout the organization–listen and participate in cross-functional meetings and hold office hours as an HRBP for management and the broader team in order to provide thoughtful, evidence-based and relevant recommendations to ensure we adapt to change and growth while engaging, developing and retaining our exceptional team
- Build a data-driven approach to measuring the effectiveness of our people programs so that we can be responsive to what matters to the AMP team while incorporating best in class People Ops and Talent practices
- Become a credible representative of AMP, capable of articulating the nuance of our business and strategy, team and capabilities and innovative technology in order to represent the company externally as well as partner effectively within the organization
- Show a commitment to diversity and inclusion by valuing the differences unique individuals possess and finding ways to bring them onto our team, ensure they belong and support them as they thrive
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity and a growth-mindset through the challenges and opportunities associated with a dynamic startup environment
- Experience in a leadership role in HR/People Ops for VC-backed high growth companies, a (S)PHR or SHRM-(S)CP a plus
- Expertise within diverse HR capabilities such as employee relations, total rewards, performance management, employee engagement, leadership, learning and development programs and the interest in designing tailored programs and processes and taking a hands on role in their implementation and improvement
- Experience partnering with leaders and managers on people and organizational strategy and creating upward momentum within the organization, fostering an environment of growth and development
- Utilize people-related data to aid in strategic decision making; develop key metrics to measure employee engagement, performance and retention
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance issues, including federal, state, and municipal employment laws
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.