Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
The Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will create, lead, manage and implement inclusion and diversity strategies and programs globally at Fivetran. The role reports to the COO and co-founder. The ideal candidate for this position will have prior consulting, or related human resource experience, particularly in curating global inclusion and diversity programs, solutions and initiatives. As a DEI leader, you will have a proven track record of DEI research and program management that will enable Fivetran’s diversity, inclusiveness, and recruiting/retention opportunities, specifically for our Black/African American, Latinx, and female talent, as well as other under-represented talent globally. Success in DEI is a very cross functional and company-wide effort, this leader needs to be able to create impactful strategies, work with a broad variety of stakeholders across the business and help facilitate implementation across many different departments.The ideal candidate will have a teaching mentality in their work setting strategy with stakeholders and be able to speak to a variety of audiences in exploring best practices and global considerations for DEI work. The candidate should possess strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into creation of a strategy. As a data pipeline company, fluency with data is a key component of this role.What You’ll Do:
- Based on industry research, design a comprehensive annual strategy and DEI program at the company level.
- Set clear OKRs to help motivate and communicate our strategy and focus
- Enhance current and build new programs and processes to ultimately improve our diversity efforts related to talent attraction, onboarding, development, engagement, compensation, and retention
- In partnership with our analytics and HR teams, build ongoing and ad hoc analysis to help measure the impact and performance of our DEI programs, and overall effort.
- Operational -
- help implement our Global strategy across all of the different departments. Since this is such a cross functional effort, operationalizing this means working effectively with leaders of other departments to help introduce workstreams into their quarterly planning, then follow up to ensure these are being completed.
- Facilitation -
- Work closely with top leadership to understand, communicate, and manage the DEI challenges and opportunities that we are facing as a company.
- Partner with Recruiting to design the right strategy to build diverse pipelines and feed diverse candidate pools by developing partnerships with external organizations and internal ERGs
- Creating and delivering internal forums on key concepts of equity, allyship, inclusion, and diversity
- Act as main liaison and driver for Fivetran’s Employee Resource Group (ERG)s that empower and strengthen our internal communities including overseeing programming, budgets and goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate importance of DEI and its overall value Change management and communication
- Strong understanding of business and HR strategy
- Strong business acumen and ability to link DEI into company objectives, including making a business case for systemic investments
- Ability to take the initiative, and work cross functionally to overcome challenges and drive results against objectives.
- Deep understanding of DEI, and a balanced approach to driving positive change within an organization without driving political agendas and removing focus from the company's core mission
- Experience liaising with HR driving diversity results- specifically in diversity recruiting, diverse talent management, advancement and retention programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in diversity data analysis, linking efforts to return on investment and diversity metrics globally
- Strong interpersonal communication, consulting, facilitation, influencing and people leadership combined with project/program management skills
- Passionate about DEI- influencer ability to reach cross functional and executive leaders, and lead change initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders
- Experience in technology sector preferred, understanding and connections within the SAAS DEI space eg. ERG work , or engaging in social impact/ community work for inclusion and equity
- Experience leading DEI initiatives in EMEA and APAC (specifically India, Russia)
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.