Director, Culture, Belonging, Inclusion & Diversity at Vertafore
As Director, Culture, Belonging, Inclusion & Diversity, you will work closely with internal stakeholders at Vertafore to advance efforts in culture, belonging, inclusion, and diversity. Your mission will be to build an inclusive, empowered workforce who bring their best to serve our customers and Vertafore.
In partnership with the VP, Human Resources and as a member of the People Team, this role will be responsible for developing and executing a cohesive approach to aligning and integrating a range of new and existing initiatives, policies, programs, training and systems that foster an inclusive climate where all can thrive. You will be a culture builder, thought leader, great partner and create and articulate an inspiring vision across the enterprise. This role reports to our VP, Human Resources.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
• Partner with internal stakeholders (People team, executive and senior leadership team, our employee resource groups) to formulate and execute Vertafore's CBID strategy and programs to accelerate our efforts to recruit, develop, engage, and retain our diverse workforce.
• Implement global CBID programs and events while cultivating an environment for local, grass-roots efforts.
• Drive leadership awareness, commitment, and accountability for CBID initiatives acting as the subject matter expert on all matters CBID including related to our products and their impact on diversity recruitment.
• Partner with Sr. Leadership and the people leadership to design and implement change initiatives that foster a diverse workforce, a culture of inclusion, and drive employee engagement.
• Ensure effective leadership, development, and coordination of Vertafore's Employee Resource Groups, ensuring their impact and effectiveness across the organization, and culture.
• Identify, build, and sustain community partnerships and sponsorship opportunities to support corporate diversity and inclusion projects/plans/initiatives and business strategies. Lead employee groups for community based ideas.
• Establish key metrics to assess, measure and track results of CBID initiatives
• As part of the People team, collaborate to embed CBID into people and business processes, ensuring global alignment while tailoring for regional needs
• Partner with Learning and Development for suggestions for internal course offerings that educate and inform employees on best practices
• Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to pipeline and attract talent through events, conferences, and partnerships with professional organizations, educational institutions, local community groups and non-profit organizations
• Work with People Business Partners on the Employee Experience at critical junctures through the employee journey ensuring proactive inclusion, development and retention of under-represented talent.
• Partner with Total Rewards on pay equity reviews and initiatives
• Keeps abreast of changes to the legal and regulatory environment; assesses implications and revises strategies for Vertafore program accordingly.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in leading global D&I initiatives and programs in a corporate environment and a total of at least 5 years in Human Resources
• Proven ability to build successful and effective relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization; promote ideas persuasively and effectively, win buy-in for initiatives and work through conflicts, to ensure operational alignment and high impact execution.
• Strong business acumen and executive presence along with demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills
• Experience in quantitative analysis and reporting, including, market research, trend analysis benchmarking and opportunity identification and ability to translate metrics, research and trends into strategy.
• Insightful global & cultural awareness along with the ability to successfully lead through influence.
• A self-starter who can deliver amazing results with minimal direction
• Creative thinking to develop home-grown programs which celebrates the diversity of our people and creates an environment of inclusivity and engagement.
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.