Benefits Compliance Analyst
Would you like to work at a fast-growing SaaS company? Are you interested in the health, benefits, and insurance industries? Do you get excited about navigating compliance in a highly regulated industry? Join our Compliance Team to build and support employer benefits products!
We are passionate about using innovative technology and excellent service to elevate the health and benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You will use your project-management skills to streamline compliance and ensure that our internal processes and products keep us and our clients safe. You shine in a fast-paced environment and thrive on the success of a job well done. You are the type of person who will leave no stone left unturned when auditing internal systems and conducting research. When you say “I’ll take care of it” we know it’ll be done well.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Audit internal processes and products to ensure we are exceeding all regulatory standards.
- Review relationships with third parties. This means reviewing third parties regularly for continued adherence to our safety and security standards and to secure any information shared with them.
- Research and support for products that are subject to ERISA, PPACA, HIPAA, and other HHS, DOL, and tax requirements. In addition to Federal requirements you are also interested in and have experience navigating state regulations as well.
- Manage processes for insurance licensing related to our agency and individual agents, staying on top of all CE requirements. Helping us enter new states by researching licensing requirements and preparing us as we grow.
- Constantly analyze, refine, and iterate on internal processes to make them simpler and more efficient.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience navigating compliance in health insurance (HIPAA, ERISA, ACA, state Departments of Insurance, etc)
- Experience working with health and/or insurance software products
- Approach problems with a passion for reducing operational inefficiencies and pain points
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a start-up environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience auditing technology platforms
- Juris Doctorate, Paralegal, or other Compliance-related Certificate
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.