Director, Product Management
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The successful candidate will be intellectually agile and able to jump from detailed financial analysis to high level strategic discussion to tactical marketing execution to process improvement. This role will lead the strategy and execution for Product Management in the Central Region of Fiber Solutions. Ideal opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced Product Manager to drive the evolution of the business and have an immediate impact. Product Management is responsible for delivering top and bottom line results. This includes P&L management of the existing service portfolio as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and industry market dynamics. Prior sales support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Own the commercial success and sales of the Fiber Solutions business in the Central Region.
- P&L management of the existing service portfolio as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions.
- Be the expert on Fiber Solutions product portfolio as well as a key evangelist internally and externally.
- Ownership of product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines, competitive analysis.
- Responsible for product segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Develop and drive activity to deliver on Sales targets, including consistent quarter-over-quarter growth.
- Be able to pivot between tactical execution and strategic thinking.
- Present solutions persuasively to customers to close large deals.
- Undergraduate degree with engineering or business/finance/economics focus. MBA a plus.
- 4-6 years of product management experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Prior sales experience a plus. Solid understanding of dark fiber, DWDM and Outside Plant ideal.
- Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications, both written and verbal, to a wide range of audiences.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, and financial analysis .
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus. Familiarity with Google Earth or other GIS tools ideal.
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems.
- Negotiate large complex solutions with customers, both financial and contractual terms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop a team of Product Managers.
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables.
- Detailed oriented with superb organizational.
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel extensively on short notice.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.