Senior Data Engineer - #8668 at Fanatics
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:21 a.m. (MST) on Friday, July 30, 2021
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
We are seeking a Sr. Data Engineer who has strong design, developments skills and upkeeps scalability, availability and excellence when building the next generation of our data pipelines and platform. You are an expert in various data processing technologies and data stores, appreciate the value of clear communication and collaboration, and devote to continual capacity planning and performance fine-tuning for emerging business growth. As the Senior Data Engineer, you will be designing and building product and inventory pipelines which powers all of our 300+ sites
What Will You Do?
- Architect and build product , inventory data pipelines and platform that will power all our sites
- Develop clean, safe, testable and cost-efficient solutions; Build fast and reliable pipeline, platform with underlying data model that can scale according to business needs and growth
- Work with backend engineers to create services that can ingest and supply data to and from external sources, provide data streaming solutions and ensure data quality and timeliness
- Work with product manager to translate business requirements into scalable solutions, prioritize workload and deliver quality and functional products on a timely manner that can grow over time
- Make well-informed decisions with deep knowledge of both the internal and external impacts to teams and projects
- Understand the system you are building, foresee shortcomings ahead of time and be able to resolve or compromise appropriately
What Are We Looking For?
- Excellent understanding of data structures algorithms and at least 5 years of experience in distributed systems
- Knowledge of common design patterns used in Big Data processing
- Strong development experience using programming languages: Scala, Java, C++, Python
- Proficiency in big data technologies: Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Hive
- Experience with and deep understanding of traditional, NoSQL and columnar databases such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redshift, Vertica
- Knowledge and experience in designing and developing data modeling & mining, ETL, data warehouse, deployment and infrastructure management, and performance tuning
- Experience in partnering with architects, engineers in data environments that are complex, enterprise wide, multi-tenant, and host large scale of data
- Ability to build systems that balance scalability, availability and latency while solving different problems
- Advocator of continual deployment and automation tools that can help improve the lives of our engineers
- A good communicator and team player who has a proven track record of building strong relationships with management, co-workers and customers.
- A desire to learn and grow, push yourself and your team, share lessons with others and provide constructive and continuous feedbacks, and receptive to feedback from others
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Read Full Job Description