Data Management Manager - #8055 at Fanatics
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:15 a.m. (MST) on Friday, June 25, 2021
Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today's on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world's biggest sporting events. At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
We are looking for someone to run our Data Management and DBA efforts!
In this position you will lead a team of Senior DBAs who are enthusiastic to grow their skill set. The current Fanatics Shared Data DBA team is shifting their focus from Microsoft SQL Server to AWS Database Administration and want you to join them on their journey.
The current team covers administration of MSSQL database technologies and systems responsible for supporting ecommerce and fulfillment systems. We ensure core reliability standards are in place such as backups, recovery, performance tuning, security, auditing, optimization, capacity planning, and intersystem connectivity. Additionally, we maintain and optimize the pipeline to, and management of, AWS Redshift for our reporting partners who strive to deliver the information quickly and accurately which drives our business.
We are hoping for a candidate with previous AWS experience to assist our team as we shift our focus from on-prem to AWS. We are excited to hire a leader who is accountable, hardworking, and proactive. You will need technical skills deep enough to be able to prioritize different projects with varying return on investment and make sure that the team is working on the right projects at the right time. You will also be encouraged to supervise the financial aspect of AWS spend and help ensure that we are aligned to budget.
What makes you a great fit:
- Expertise with AWS database technologies, specifically the different approaches to data storage in AWS.
- Knowledge of AWS Database migration options and an ability to migrate legacy on-premises databases into AWS data stores.
- Experience in AWS Data Stores Aurora, Relational Database Service (RDS), Dynamo, Redshift, Spectrum, Neptune, Farscape and others.
- Ability to solve issues by crafting, developing, testing, and deploying software solutions.
- Communication skills available to partner with full stack development teams and bridging technical plans with business needs.
- Ability to work on indexing, replicating and performing disaster recovery services across multiple AWS regions.
- Understanding how to monitor system performance metrics to identify potential risks/issues.
- Lead a multi-functional, distributed team of Senior Database Administrators
- Ensure scheduling for coverage of our 24/7 support responsibilities
- Lead and work with business leaders to prioritize intake and improve return on investment for DBA resources
- Partner with our Architecture team to plan and prioritize in efficient strategic directions
Position and Team Responsibilities
- Set up and administer databases for critical 24/7 platforms
- Handle operational DBA duties: installation, database upgrades, patching, environment cloning, implement backup/recovery, replication, monitoring procedures, capacity planning, and failover.
- Support engineering with performance tuning and query optimization, index tuning, caching, buffer tuning, etc. for all owned platforms.
- Handle, fix and resolve problems arising in production to optimize MTTR for the org.
- Utilize tool sets to diagnose, resolve and report feedback on production issues
- Participate in development of In-House tools in support of DBA
- Evaluate, develop, and analyze key marketing metrics to ensure KPIs are met
- Develop scripts, stored procedures that process and modify existing data
- Creating jobs to execute automation and minimize resources
- Running databases in a medium/large (100+ databases) enterprise environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience of 10+ years
- 10+ years of experience with database administration, support, optimizations and monitoring
- 5+ years of experience leading multi-functional, platform teams
- Demonstrated experience in mentorship of others
- Outstanding project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting time frames
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience in supporting project teams in all phases of SDLC, and ITSM practices
- A belief in honesty, integrity and willingness in discussions and actions
- A positive demeanor with flexible thinking and a wiliness to bring forth new insights
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Read Full Job Description