Data Engineer at Billtrust
The Data Engineer will be part of the team managing the evolution and automation of our Finance team systems and processes. As an energetic self-starter, you will drive improvement to cycle time, quality, automation. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of building and managing high-performance systems in a complex, heterogeneous technical environment. This role requires a combination of architecture, design, hands-on development and interworking with users, other teams and vendors. Creativity and good judgment will allow you to provide solutions that are scalable, extensible, robust and maintainable.
- Design and deliver cost effective solutions aligned to the architecture roadmap, using input from key business and technology stakeholders.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward, cost effective solutions
- Works items are delivered on time and in accordance with the backlog co-developed with the business owners
- Oversee and validate deliverables from internal and external parties. Ensure high standards of technical work quality from all contributing parties.
- Drive regular release of deliverables across the full system lifecycle from inception, design, development, deployment and support. Coordinate solutions with project managers and other teams performing technical work
- Work with upstream and downstream system/platform owners to ensure interfaces and data models are optimized, and providing the necessary information for a complete solution
- Work with Infrastructure, security and operations/support teams to ensure processes run with high availability and in accordance with internal architectural standards. Establish performance SLAs and L1/L2/L3 support matrices.
- Ensure proper technical environments are established and populated with data to facilitate development, testing, QA and production
- Ensure solution architecture, design, application and integration development follow best practices/principles and standards for enterprise architecture, source code management, environment management and testing.
- Find, qualify and technically rank multiple vendors for any outsourced work
- Proactively plan for new platform demands including but not limited to organic growth, new products, acquisitions of new companies, new product features and new billing users features. Ensure that new products/feature created by other teams are supported.
- Perform timely evaluation of new projects initiated within and outside the domain
- Quickly grasp and implement complex user business rules with minimal oversight
- Document all current and proposed solutions
- 5-7 years of proven success coding, developing and deploying complex Finance and Data Warehousing solutions in a heavily transactional environment
- Experience with Waterfall/SDLC, Agile/Scrum methodologies
- PowerBI/PowerQuery, Python, Node JS, MySQL, MS-SQL/SSIS, Rest APIs, GIT, and other database technologies to create relevant solutions
- Experience building and enhancing a Cloud Data Warehouse Technologies (Front end and back end), ETL and on prem/hybrid environments
- Experience in FinTech, Telecom, Software, Media or industry w/specific knowledge of financial transactions, high volume data/transactions and processing environments, security, testing, and reporting
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and business personal
- Effective with time management and self-prioritization of tasks
- Ability to work across large teams, prioritize, collaborate, make/meet commitments.
- Results driven, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, energetic team environment
- Ability to quickly demonstrate validity of approaches through POCs
- Experience with cloud ERP and integrating with HR systems is highly desirable
- BS Degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science required, MS Degree desirable
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.