We believe that employees are people, not ID numbers. That’s why we’ve reimagined the most complicated, impersonal business tasks that employers face and created one simple and delightful service. Payroll, benefits, and HR like you’ve never seen before.
We were recently voted the #1 place to work in San Francisco. To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, and benefits, visit gusto.com/careers.
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
The Head of Partner Development will lead Gusto’s Partner Sales and Development team, dedicated to driving Gusto's growth in the SMB space through channel relationships and large industry deals. Responsibilities span strategy, sales, and business development.
- Strategy: Help us develop a smart partner strategy to help extend the brand and footprint of Gusto.
- Sales: He/she will be responsible for same store and net new revenue from our accounting channel and for the development of new, cost-effective reseller channels. He/she will also help hire, train, and coach our Partner Advisors to be a world-class consultative acquisition and account management teams.
- Business Development: He/she will also be responsible for business development within Gusto. This will entail developing a deep understanding of the software and services small businesses use in their lifecycle and the ecosystem of vendors that provide these services, prioritizing the industry verticals that Gusto should focus on and the right partners within each vertical and developing relationships with the right partners in coordination with product, legal, engineering and finance to identify, structure, negotiate and formalize partnerships that strike the right balance between growth and ROI.
He/she will sit on the executive team in sales and customer experience and lead teams across San Francisco and Denver. The pace in Gusto is fast and the landscape we’re playing in ever-changing. We’re looking for someone who is motivated by that and brings a good sense of humor to a team that likes to work hard and have fun while we’re doing it.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Help refine and further develop our strategy: 10x revenue from our partner sales team in a cost-effective way
- Deepen partnerships with existing accounting partners: determine partner engagement strategy, build and grow Gusto’s presence across all key market segments to achieve business targets
- Grow net new business within the accounting and adjacent verticals channels
- Build a world-class consultative sales team: Invest and develop the existing sales team while simultaneously attracting top sales talent to Gusto
- Scale with rigor: Continuously increase the effectiveness of our team, recognizing opportunities for creating new systems, structures, and processes.
- Work cross-functionally: Flow easily across multiple teams to ensure internal messaging alignment, operational coordination and evangelization of partner strategy; collaborate with marketing to ensure the execution of programs and events to drive channel leads, pipeline and deal progression
- Ensure executive alignment and relationship building between Gusto and partner executive teams
- Track, measure and report-out on channel effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A strategic mindset: Ability to think strategically, crisply synthesizing market research and competitive intelligence and turning that into a winning go-to-market strategy
- A people leader that team members will walk through walls for: Proven ability to coach, attract, and retain amazing sales talent
- Someone who’s seen the movie, but wants to innovate on the script: Extensive experience developing channel sales teams at a high-growth technology company, ideally in the accounting or fin tech space
- An amazing communicator: Excellent communicator internally and externally
- A competitive spirit who likes to win: Track record of consistently exceeding established revenue goals
- A dual citizen (between Denver and California): Ability to travel 40% or more between Denver and San Francisco offices to motivate and coach teams in both locations
- A lover of change: Experience managing change and ambiguity, taking ownership and creating structure
- A fan of speed: Ability to successfully operate in a fast paced dynamic environment experiencing growth and expansion
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA preferred